JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dropped: abandoned, discontinued, or discarded.

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Looks like someone already beat me to the drop.
I'm glad I am not the only one who has been bothered by this!

I'm not sure why people keep getting all bound up about this. There's a big age gap between members, and they have different ways of speaking and different slang, just like they always have. You spoke different than your grandparents, etc.

It doesn't seem fair to expect everyone else to conform to the narrow window of speech patterns that you are comfortable with.
I'm only 38, and you're using it in a manner that is not consistent with anything.

I became instantaneously weary of two trendy terms featuring the word 'drop.'

One is the 'mic drop' after someone has uttered words or lyrics, imparting some sense of profound finality. The assumption seems to be that nothing of comparable value might ever be uttered through that microphone again - at least not until the next performer does the same damn thing. Maybe it was regarded (by some - who didn't pay for the mic) as fresh and clever the first time it was ever done - just not so much (IMHO) ever since.

The other is hearing that some big name in the commercial music industry 'dropped an album' yesterday. I've listened to some of those recordings, and they remind me of really old dogs who don't realize they're 'dropping' things when they walk.

Last Edited:

One is the 'mic drop' after someone has uttered words or lyrics, imparting some sense of profound finality. The assumption seems to be that nothing of comparable value might ever be uttered through that microphone again - at least not until the next performer does the same damn thing. Maybe it was regarded (by some - who didn't pay for the mic) as fresh and clever the first time it was ever done - just not so much (IMHO) ever since.

The other is hearing that some big name in the commercial music industry 'dropped an album' yesterday. I've listened to some of those recordings, and they remind me of really old dogs who don't realize they're 'dropping' things when they walk.
I suppose they are both forms of droppings.

I love the mic drop! As long it's not my mic of course.

Aaannd. There has been a couple of times in the store where the wife works that an old guy "Drops a Deuce" on the floor while shopping. Seen the aftermath with my own eyes!

I love the mic drop! As long it's not my mic of course.

Aaannd. There has been a couple of times in the store where the wife works that an old guy "Drops a Deuce" on the floor while shopping. Seen the aftermath with my own eyes!
So he didn't get the drop on you?

Here's an example that makes it simple. In Rugby, if you drop the ball it's still live, but in Football, if you drop the ball it's dead.
Yes, but in both cases dropping the ball means the ball falls to the ground. The only difference is the effect on the continuation of play. In no sport does dropping the ball mean it rises from the ground into a player's hands.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top