JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago, I bought a 1965 '94 for $100. One of the ways you can tell the difference between the 64 & 65 is with a magnet. Mine was built with both 64 & 65 parts during the changeover. A magnet would confuse most. All "stock" parts. Serial number is low 1965. It usually sits behind the rear seat in a leather saddle scabbard. Scabbard wear marks and a lot of blue rubbed thin. Was thinking of selling it also. But then I found the value just didn't offer a better replacement. It's just an ideal ranch gun for my needs. No local zombies but will easily handle anything I'd be facing.

OK, I have to ask. How in the world did your Garand come to be in a position for a cat to pee on it?

I'd taken it down and given it a thorough cleaning, but set it standing up against my reloading table for the night intending to put it up in the morning. The kid's big Maine Coon decided it was intruding on his terrirtory and solved his issue. My bad, i confess. Lesson learned,

My favorite source for restoration lever gun and single shot wood:

Winchester Levergun Stocks
This guy has carved 95% stocks for just about any gun you want to restore, especially lever guns and old single shots, like rolling blocks. He has lots of different styles and wood. I could have gotten my stocks for my rolling block in mesquite, for instance, which looked really cool, but would not be appropriate for a restoration. Mesquite stocks for a Win 94 would be awesome.

I'd taken it down and given it a thorough cleaning, but set it standing up against my reloading table for the night intending to put it up in the morning. The kid's big Maine Coon decided it was intruding on his terrirtory and solved his issue. My bad, i confess. Lesson learned,
My ex-wife's Main Coon male did the same on top of a newly installed Corvette engine that didn't have the intake manifold on it yet. He mysteriously disappeared shortly thereafter.

I have a Winchester Model 55 30-30 Takedown.
Someday, I will consider selling it.
It was my stepdads hunting rifle. He died in '68.
It has not been fired since around '66, or '67.

:mad:
I'm guessing the MC was then cannon fodder?
I know a cat would piss once in my house and it would want to have wings. Once on a gun anywhere and that would be its last pee:mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top