JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometime soon I am going to be selling my Winchester Model 94, it was built in 1967. I just want some input on what price I should put it at.

I am the second owner, it was given to me buy a family friend (original owner) many years ago who is older and no longer wanted it. He never really used it much, just hunted with it a few times in 60's-70's. It was not abused but was never maintained, he just kept it in the back of a closet.

It had some very very light rust on it, I am talking about where you can't see the rust on it but when you wipe it with an oily rag you could see some on the rag.

The biggest flaw it has is that on the butt of the stock it had some water damage to the wood and the butt plate I removed and sanded down the stock and forearm. Unfortunately the water mark in the wood wouldn't sand out, I wanted something different than the reddish color so I stained it a dark walnut and put several coats of clear on it.

Instead of trying to reblue the butt plate I painted it gloss black.

I consider the bluing to be very good, it is very dark and shiny!

It is missing the front sight hood.

I have put maybe 40 rounds through it and it functions flawlessly.

The only reason I want to sell it is because I don't care for blued guns, I want to get a Marlin 336ss.

What kind of price should I put on it?
I bought a rifle similar to yours, but in worse shape and paid $250.00 for it.

Three fifty anyone?

That's three hundred and fifty dollars!

Three fifty?

Three fifty?

Three fifty?

You sir! Three hundred and fifty dollars! No?

Bidding continues at three hundred and fifty dollars! :s0143:

Last Edited:
I don't know why, but I like the looks of a lever action with a synthetic stock.

74e26057ab5e0111913ce1b08a852b75.jpg

Edited for the ADHD folks.

Last Edited:
I didn't look too close, it's the only pic that I could find.

How's this "I don't know why, but I like the looks of a lever action rifle with a synthetic stock".

Anyone have or had a newer Marlin 336 blued or stainless from 2007 on up from when Remingon bought them out?

I heard that the first couple of years that the quality went downhill after Remington took over but I have been reading that they have gotten a ton better.

Sometime soon I am going to be selling my Winchester Model 94, it was built in 1967. I just want some input on what price I should put it at.

I am the second owner, it was given to me buy a family friend (original owner) many years ago who is older and no longer wanted it. He never really used it much, just hunted with it a few times in 60's-70's. It was not abused but was never maintained, he just kept it in the back of a closet.

It had some very very light rust on it, I am talking about where you can't see the rust on it but when you wipe it with an oily rag you could see some on the rag.

The biggest flaw it has is that on the butt of the stock it had some water damage to the wood and the butt plate I removed and sanded down the stock and forearm. Unfortunately the water mark in the wood wouldn't sand out, I wanted something different than the reddish color so I stained it a dark walnut and put several coats of clear on it.

Instead of trying to reblue the butt plate I painted it gloss black.

I consider the bluing to be very good, it is very dark and shiny!

It is missing the front sight hood.

I have put maybe 40 rounds through it and it functions flawlessly.

The only reason I want to sell it is because I don't care for blued guns, I want to get a Marlin 336ss.

What kind of price should I put on it?
Not sure if this will help, but I recently sold this gun (c.1975) for $150...

DSCN2195.JPG

...btw, the <broken link removed> is also stainless, but features a 24" barrel.

Dean

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews