JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A local pawn shop has a Winchester 94 in 44 mag. Production date is 1970. I haven't seen it yet. I was just messaging them about it.im assuming it's in decent condition.just curious what a fair price for it would be or close estimate.

I would avoid 94's in Pistol Cailbers. They were made for the longer 30-30 and as such, when the magazine cutoff on the lifter fails, they invariably release a live shell from the mag to under the lifter, jamming up the whole works and require disassembly to clear. I know because I had a 357 that did this. Other pistol calibers are not immune. Internet has a lot of case reports of this problem.
Steer clear and get a 92 variant, Winchester, Uberti, Chiapas, or even the lowly Rossi are infinitely better choices. Avoid the 73 in 44mag... linkage locking is not strong enough for this caliber. Another option is the Marlin, which are available new and easier to come by in 44mag than 357.

Thanks for the advice. Did a little looking and that does seem to be common. I have a Rossi 92 in 357 and man that thing runs great. Have to poke around and see if I can find one in 44 mag as well.

If this is a standard post-64 in .44 Magnum, this entry, with values, may be of help from Standard Catalog Winchester Firearms, Third Edition.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If it is a specific variant, let me know, and I will look it up. :)

If this is a standard post-64 in .44 Magnum, this entry, with values, may be of help from Standard Catalog Winchester Firearms, Third Edition.

View attachment 659414

View attachment 659415

If it is a specific variant, let me know, and I will look it up. :)

that helps a lot. I decided to steer clear based on reviews and the price they want for condition it's in. I see that mentions you can get one in 480 Ruger. I may have to look for a different manufacturer that makes one in 480. I'd really like a super redhawk in 480.

that helps a lot. I decided to steer clear based on reviews and the price they want for condition it's in. I see that mentions you can get one in 480 Ruger. I may have to look for a different manufacturer that makes one in 480. I'd really like a super redhawk in 480.

I am most happy to be of assistance. I too was not aware of a 94 variant in .480 Ruger until looking the entry up for you, but I too find this interesting. It would be a great pairing with a Redhawk, but I digress. Cheers. :)

I have to admit, I like it a lot. Enough for $1,600, no, but still very much nice. I wish someone would put out a 92 variant in .50Æ, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I don't think I could spend that much either. It also have a chip in the stock and the forend is cracked. The $900 on the Ruger sounds a lot more do able.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top