JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is NO DOUBT what happened in Colorado is a true tragedy... It sickens me that someone would do such a HORRIBLE thing to so many innocent people.. To be a coward, and shoot up so many unarmed, unaware people is unforgivable....

But what now ??? Will the Obama administration use this to finally forward their anti-gun agenda? Will this be like Brady under Clinton?

I think it will.... History has a funny way of repeating itself, and I see a ban coming....

photocopy.jpg

Not gonna happen. Gun control is a DEAD issue nationally. You only have a very few holdouts left and outside of very localized areas, the political penalty for being a gun-grabber is huge. I remind you that when Eric Holder was running his mouth about a renewed AWB in 2009, it was NANCY PELOSI who shut him down.

Gun control advocates aren't going to vote for pro-gun Republicans, but they WILL vote for a Democrat who doesn't support gun control.

There is a giant constituency however, of people who are genuine independents who WILL punish any politician who openly supports gun control in any way.

In other words, there's a giant penalty for most politicians for introducing or supporting more gun laws. There is ZERO political benefit. With the number of gun owners expanding drastically every year, that's not going to change anytime soon.

I disagree. It's an election year. I doubt any will pick this up and try to use it in their campaign strategy. By the time the elections are over, most people will have forgotten about Colorado so it won't have as much emotion tied to it to use as political fodder.

Holmes put to much thought and effort into this for it simply to be a firearms issue anyway. Had it been a random drive by then it would be easier to vilify the guns. He bought his guns legally, with no fuss or attention drawn. If anything, I think this just proves that if a bad guy really wants to do something bad, he WILL find a way to do it.

Obviously we do not know why this psychopath did what he did, and may never know. Taking away the guns is NOT going to stop a psychopath from killing people. Everyone with half a brain knows this (including O, and the Mittster). He could have used a car. What, are they going to ban cars if a few nuts use them to mass murder? Obama is going to have a tough run as it is, and at this point will do nothing to reinstate a AWB. Maybe after he is elected, but not before. Even if he try's after it will most likely fail. Same for Romney.

I see a recurring pattern already in the news stories. Now it's due to the amount of ammo one can buy over the Internet. We need more laws against ammo sales, or ammo sales over the Internet. You know, the gun is worthless without ammo. We can't ban guns so lets shut down ammo sales.

Although Good Morning America did do a "report" on buying guns privately, pretty much a hatchet job as usual.

I am not sure that he will push it - But I bet you he will:
1. Decide to make ammunitions in certain calibers more difficult to obtain - driving up ammo prices.
2. ELiminate on line sales on ammo and certain guns.

It will be done y Holder -

Of Course he will. How else will he convince all of the weak minded Liberals who are on the fence to vote for Him??? Sure as hell won't be his great Job Numbers or Stunning Economic Policies....

He sure as hell can't blame Bush for this one now, Can He???

Props and Prayers out to the Families who were affected By this sick Individuals lack of compassion towards His fellow Man......

Will the Obama administration use this to finally forward their anti-gun agenda?

No. Losing issue regardless of political persuasion.

I see a recurring pattern already in the news stories. Now it's due to the amount of ammo one can buy over the Internet. We need more laws against ammo sales, or ammo sales over the Internet. You know, the gun is worthless without ammo. We can't ban guns so lets shut down ammo sales.

Although Good Morning America did do a "report" on buying guns privately, pretty much a hatchet job as usual.

My folks were shocked to realize I have about 6000 rounds of ammo on hand. Then I explained how all those rounds could fit in three of the large ammo cans that are a dime 'o dozen at the local surplus store. Once it was put into perspective they were a lot more reasonable about things.

Maybe.

Will the NRA use this as a fundraising tool?

Sorry, I'm bitter.

I just want to have people to think about the loss without angling for political gain.

You just know that he'd love to, not letting a crisis go to waste and all but unfortunately for him it happened four months too early. By November this will have been generally forgotten, sad but true.

OBAMA is way to Busy flying his private jet around the country collecting homage from his loyal followers to bother with something like gun control or anything that would require him to pay attention to his actual job.

OH no collecting while we pay him to do it is much much more important.

After all what will he build his library with (to house his two works of fiction) unless he has a few million in left over campaign contributions to rely on.

OBAMA is way to Busy flying his private jet around the country collecting homage from his loyal followers to bother with something like gun control or anything that would require him to pay attention to his actual job.

OH no collecting while we pay him to do it is much much more important.

After all what will he build his library with (to house his two works of fiction) unless he has a few million in left over campaign contributions to rely on.

And this is different from his predecessors how????

Clinton was a zealot on this issue as at the time were many Dems and Repubs alike. In 1994 when Brady and the AWB passed, it was passed on a largely bi-partisan basis.

What they didn't know and didn't suspect, was the enormous political blowback that would follow.

Gun owners don't hold Million Mom Marches. They aren't all that vocal as a group. But they VOTE their interests. Post 1994, gun control has become a more and more fringe political position. Democrats are still giving it lip service in some areas, but there is not fire in the belly for this stuff because it's political suicide to jump on that wagon in most areas.

And in fairness, I think the conversation has changed. Here we have skyrocketing gun ownership and expansion of gun rights, and at the same time a continued drop in crime rates overall. Given the data over the last 10 years, it's mighty hard to argue that we need more gun laws with any credibility. It's only the holdouts in primarily Urban, ignorant areas where gun control is anything other than a Poison Pill. And If Obama didn't jump on this bandwagon with a majority in both houses, what on earth makes you think he will do anything or be ABLE to do anything with the House firmly in GOP hands, which even if he wins in November, isn't likely to change?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top