Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Oregon Will FFLs in SAPO Protected Counties Ignore State Directed Firearms Restrictions?

arakboss

Reactions
Now that numerous counties have approved Second Amendment Preservation Ordinances, I wonder if FFLs operating in those counties will ignore following State mandated gun restrictions?

Kid@Heart

Reactions
What protections for gun rights do you see coming from the SAPO's?
None.

Unless you can change the makeup of the State Government and the Courts, there will be no protections for gun rights.
Pardon me if I seem a little cynical, I live in Washington State and just watched the 2nd Amendment die.

CountryGent

Reactions
Now that numerous counties have approved Second Amendment Preservation Ordinances, I wonder if FFLs operating in those counties will ignore following State mandated gun restrictions?
Nope, ain't going to happen. Operate outside of the law as an FFL and you risk a less than subtle response from ATF, OSP, or both. (I have a side business that is 01FFL licensed in a county that just passed a SOPA, for whatever it is worth.)

Reactions
We are still under Federal Rules.
So no we won't Ignore restriction's. But we also have the Preemption clause .

If they change the state Constitution we are boned

ORS 166.170 - State preemption - 2017 Oregon Revised Statutes

2017 ORS 166.170¹
State preemption

(1)Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.

(2) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]

LATEST REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    7-23-19 Had my pistol delivered here and it was a great experience! Worked with John. All the...
    • Muggs919
  • Northwest Arsenal
    4.00 star(s)
    I have been there at least a couples times. We popped in today to see if the had a PS90. They...
    • CountryGent
  • Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy. I've done multiple private transfers over several years. Knowledgeable and thorough.
    • markebrit
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47