JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What protections for gun rights do you see coming from the SAPO's?
None.

Unless you can change the makeup of the State Government and the Courts, there will be no protections for gun rights.
Pardon me if I seem a little cynical, I live in Washington State and just watched the 2nd Amendment die.

Now that numerous counties have approved Second Amendment Preservation Ordinances, I wonder if FFLs operating in those counties will ignore following State mandated gun restrictions?

Nope, ain't going to happen. Operate outside of the law as an FFL and you risk a less than subtle response from ATF, OSP, or both. (I have a side business that is 01FFL licensed in a county that just passed a SOPA, for whatever it is worth.)

We are still under Federal Rules.
So no we won't Ignore restriction's. But we also have the Preemption clause .

If they change the state Constitution we are boned

ORS 166.170 - State preemption - 2017 Oregon Revised Statutes

2017 ORS 166.170¹
State preemption

(1)Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.

(2) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]

SAPO just means the local LE won't enforce any new laws. Doesn't mean the laws don't apply.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top