JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the bulls are typically shed by April 15th....I've watched a herd of 300+ everyday tell the last spike drops. We've found big bull sheds as early as March 6th in the cascade foothills
Nice, yeah been my personal experience that the big ones usually drop pretty close to each other. There are some exceptions but the big ones don't cary that other side around long.

Largest set I found was 370 close to 20 years ago. I walked up and down trying to find the other side until I started to turn back and wasn't 500 ft from the other one. 7-6 (7 side was pollinated and crazy. I'll have to look through some old photos. Found a few 330-340 bulls but man that had me hooked as a shed hunter for life. The set last I new was in a tavern in Arizona. Owner a Real pos mounted them and tells everyone he killed it on the property.

Nice, yeah been my personal experience that the big ones usually drop pretty close to each other. There are some exceptions but the big ones don't cary that other side around long.

Largest set I found was 370 close to 20 years ago. I walked up and down trying to find the other side until I started to turn back and wasn't 500 ft from the other one. 7-6 (7 side was pollinated and crazy. I'll have to look through some old photos. Found a few 330-340 bulls but man that had me hooked as a shed hunter for life. The set last I new was in a tavern in Arizona. Owner a Real pos mounted them and tells everyone he killed it on the property.
You didn't get to keep them!?

You didn't get to keep them!?
I sold them to him. I was home on leave, young, dumb and wanted money to play with. Also didn't really want to store them at the time. I guess he bought them though so he could tell whoever whatever. Always rubbed me the wrong way and kicked my self. I'm sure I'll be lucky to ever find a set like that again… but yeah, live and learn.

Been trying since September to get a picture of this crossbreed. Whitetail/blacktail cross. He was hanging out with 6 other pure whitetail bucks this morning.

IMG_20230214_114337.jpg IMG_20230214_120123.jpg IMG_20230214_120127.jpg

Handgun Javelina in Arizona. Second season, first success. Suppressed F&N Compact 9mm with Vortex Venom. Twenty-five yard offhand shot. Always told these animals smell. Was careful to skin gland on back, first thing. Then did gutless method to harvest the meat. Preferred knife made by Joel Clark of Athol, Idaho.

IMG_20230214_122249127_HDR.jpg IMG_20230214_123143231.jpg IMG_20230214_141117398.jpg IMG_20230214_123637027_HDR.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews