JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude there are some really cool pics on that facebook page. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you. I have a passion for photography and the perfect opportunity to use that skill.

I use to have to try and get emails and CD's to people before the end of an incident. Now I can post them and they can access them any time.

Smoky sunset on Mt. Hood. At Madras Airport for a fire near Warm Springs.
Cellphone dump 20170125 021.jpg

Nice scenery of S. Umpqua at Milo near Canyonville for the Whiskey Complex fires.
Cellphone dump 20170125 028.jpg

Good food too.
Cellphone dump 20170125 029.jpg

S61 at Whiskey Complex helibase
Cellphone dump 20170125 032.jpg

Two yes TWO Firehawks on the Whiskey Complex
Cellphone dump 20170125 056.jpg

Inside one of the Helibase Comm trailers
Cellphone dump 20170125 071.jpg

Another nice look at a K-MAX. No tail rotor. Yaw control is done by changing pitch on the rotors. These things can swap ends soooo fast. Powerful engine and little weight makes them capable of heavy lift.
Cellphone dump 20170125 079.jpg

Bell lift on the Miller/Homestead fire near French Glen in Harney County. My first fire response.
Cellphone dump 20170125 237.jpg

3" of dust at the Helibase. Better than the skeeters at French Glen where the fire camp was.
Cellphone dump 20170125 239.jpg

They brought us a washstand but it was days before outhouses were delivered. I slept in the trailer but several crew tentcamped in the dust.
Cellphone dump 20170125 248.jpg

Link to vid of K-MAX returning from bucket mission. I wanted to embed it directly but no go. I even tried putting it on FB, then embed - no go.

Crazy watching that video. the rotors don't even look like there turning just moving back and forth. :eek:

Yah, they are counter-rotating so some optical illusions could be. Also might not play well on some 'puters. My desktop ran it just fine, but my laptop is thru a router and I just had the vid stutter and crash on me a minute ago.

OK, I got my new truck about half built so far, here is a pict of it when I just picked it up from the Surplus yard! She is being fitted with a 6500 gal tank and all the gear plus and two axle trailer with 4000 gallons more! Tatra_8x8_for_sale_4_.jpg
Here is a picture off the innerwebs of what I am going for! Tatra_8x8_for_sale_4_.jpg DSC_01522-X2.jpg

Reason I slept at the Helibase instead of fire camp
Cellphone dump 20170125 266.jpg
Cellphone dump 20170125 268.jpg

Wonderful folks in Cle Elum donated free goods for firefighters living away from home. Besides drinks and water, there was fresh fruit, candy bars, toiletries, and even underwear.
Cellphone dump 20170125 263.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR