JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sometimes in marriage there will be ups, downs and disagreements. When you have them it is best to just sit down, talk about it and settle it IMMEDIATELY. Don't let it linger at least that has been a part of the recipe for our longevity. So that's what we did, headed to the range to try and settle this once and for all.

Thumnail-1-e1665853053580.jpg

Untitled2_2.10.1-e1665853081356.jpg

What's Your Preference?

I like 1911's for their history, accuracy and gorgeous visual design.

I like Glocks for their simplicity, durability and handsome functional design.

I will never play the this-or-that. They both have their purpose and are equally bubblegum or shine depending on your personal perspective.

My vote is a Sig P220; alloy frame. I've got a 1911 which shoots great but I'm not into the cocked and locked carry. And I've got a Glock 21SF but I don't enjoy shooting it as much as the P220 or 1911.

My vote would got to the 1911.
However....
If your or anyone else's vote went to the Glock...then that would be okay.

After all...it would be a boring gun world if we all liked and used the same thing. :D
Andy

You're married to her and didn't agree she was right... no matter her opinion? I wouldn't start shopping for your golden anniversary just yet, buddy.

Just sayin....

:s0140:

Depends on the application/intended use… is it a carry weapon? A home defense weapon? A range toy? Etc.

Since I bought most of my guns last century, my experiences probably don't translate well. Lately I have been tuning & upgrading what I have.

Kimber Gold Match 1911 was my first choice. I love the grip angle, accuracy, and history. I've heard not all 1911s are accurate but have potential.
HK USP Tactical Elite was my next purchase. Capacity and accuracy along with a case that had pouch for the suppressor. :) It's a big gun.
Last, I bought my Gen2 G21 to wear out at the range and it was my first real carry pistol

Recently I've upgraded my G21 with a threaded barrel and enjoy shooting both the Glock and the HK suppressed.

Glocks have functionality and similarity going for them. Learn one, the rest are similar. There is value to that (for some)
I'm shooting more 10mm now than 45acp with a G20 and a G29

When practice time is limited you practice with what you carry. That is probably why I don't shoot the 1911 as much.

Nothing beats practice both live fire as well as dry fire & off hand training. Teaching your "other" hand new tricks keeps your brain sharp.

Kimber Classic Gold Match 45 Right Side.jpg Kimber Classic Gold Match 45 Left Side.jpg H&K USP 45 Tatical Kit.jpg Glock 21 Right Side with mags.jpg

Certainly.

handsome
adjective
  1. Pleasing in form or appearance, especially having strong or distinguished features.
I appreciate functional design.

Men are Jeeps. Women are Ferraris.
I still say cmon handsome --Pleasing in the eye of the beholder to me functional yes excellent reliability BUT 🤮

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top