JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I've taught my wife to shoot, first with air-soft in the garage, basic firearms handling, load, unloading, keeping pointed in a safe direction, etc. she had never handled a firearm before we were married.

Then to the range, with a .22 Ruger 22/45. When she was comfortable, I moved her up to .38 special with powder puff loads. Once she was comfortable and competent, real .38's were on the menu and eventually got her to the Sig P365 and Glock 19.

She's a competent shot, but it's not her cup of tea. She'd rather be out running, but supports my interest in firearms and shooting. She usually accompanies me and will still occasionally shoot with me, but mostly helps me by policing brass.

She does have her CCW and carries pepper spray, just can't convince her to carry a sidearm…

And I am her coach/trainer for her marathon/half marathon endeavors.

Recently my wife asked me why I DONT have a DESERT EAGLE.
After a moments thought, I told her that we should go get 1 right NOW.

She just laughed.

Hey. It was worth a shot. 😄
I woulda answered "'Cause they have a reputation for jamming?" Which they do. Or at least did. Don't know if they have that rep now. However, I'm of the opinion that one doesn't need a reason to buy another gun. The most I ever ask of myself is that I have an at least superficially reasonable-sounding excuse. If I had more money I wouldn't even ask that.

Best thing I ever did to teach my wife how to shoot was to encourage her to join a women's-oriented shooting program. We still shoot together, but without all the potential "teacher/student-husband/wife" baggage. She liked it so much that she went out, got her instructor cert and took over the program when the last director moved out of state.

I shoot way more than she does, but she does enjoy shooting. Saturday she suggested that we go to the Indoor Range. It was -28F that day. We go to WRENCO ARMS in Sandpoint. At that time they only had 1 lane open. I told her that Id be her "pit bubblegum" and load her mags for her while she shot. She spent some time with her carry Kimber Micro 9 Desert and her newish Kimber Ultra 9 (in Purple). She ran about 200 rnds through the 2 of them. When we were done, she saw the poster for the Enhanced CCW class.

After wandering around the shop, she came up to me and said "sign us up for the class. We'll make it our Valentines gift to each other".

Thats my girl!
Awesome! My wife of many years still buys me fun things and gun parts, She shoots better then I do. I lost ny sig p229-1 9mm elite stainless germany made to her ( because she she shot better then me).. It has been a few years and a couple of guns AND she still hasnt made it up to ME.. (point system) BUT In all faireness she puts in the WORK (if you know what I mean) but man it is a discotinued model Exactly like my wife. I love her .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top