JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My doctor likes to tell me stories about med school. One of his favorite was the breast exams. Him and his bros would jokingly line hop depending on the quality of breasts to be examined.

20 years ago our pediatrician asked if we had firearms in our home and did we know the danger they posed to our children. I asked if she had seen the latest numbers on malpractice and avoidable medical deaths and how those numbers compared to firearms related deaths. She was not amused. ;)

20 years ago our pediatrician asked if we had firearms in our home and did we know the danger they posed to our children. I asked if she had seen the latest numbers on malpractice and avoidable medical deaths and how those numbers compared to firearms related deaths. She was not amused. ;)

Truth sucks, suck it up and quit throwing stones in that glass house.

Problem is, given current Oregon laws, our doctor can have our guns confiscated, and many doctors probably think a gun only endangers the owner. And if you mouth off the doctor might consider that aggressiveness that warrants confiscating your guns. If any doctor asks me about guns I'm gonna say I don't have any.

I like the idea of responding by answering with "I'd be more interested in discussing the dangers of medical malpractice".

The last time a nurse started one of these surveys when she asked about firearms in the house I responded with "this is north Idaho I really don't think that's an appropriate question."

Problem is, given current Oregon laws, our doctor can have our guns confiscated, and many doctors probably think a gun only endangers the owner. And if you mouth off the doctor might consider that aggressiveness that warrants confiscating your guns. If any doctor asks me about guns I'm gonna say I don't have any.

Molon labe

My doctor asked me I didn't answer but, I asked him if he did.. We moved on to the next question.:rolleyes:

Or you can tell him, sure I do, it fires great most times, but as I am getting older it shoots blanks at times.
And can take a hour or so to reload.:rolleyes:

My doctor asked me I didn't answer but, I asked him if he did.. We moved on to the next question.:rolleyes:

Or you can tell him, sure I do, it fires great most times, but as I am getting older it shoots blanks at times.
And can take a hour or so to reload.:rolleyes:

The proper response is

"the suicide rate for doctors is double the national average (7 times if you just count female physicians). Are you asking because you are depressed? Tell me about your mother"

I just lie. Granted the psychiatrists I work with know I am a gun owner. I had to explain the process of buying a firearm online in Oregon to him and that you can't just buy it off of amazon.

My doctor has never asked me. Not like I would answer truthfully anyway. :rolleyes:

NUNYA!

There is a break down in trust with in the medical community ( especially the V.A.) so to ask stupid questions and have those answers become a part of a permanent file some where is dangerous to your health! OryGun already has and keeps an illegal gun registry, and for those politicos who wished, they have the mechanism in place through our doctors to add to that list for a future date of convenience! And like pointed out above, these same health care providers can then claim you are a danger to your self and others and need to have your guns taken, and under OryGun law, you are royally screwed!

This is a very dangerous situation and will only get worse as these bubblegums feel emboldened to take actions under the protection of the law!

My doc and I have talked about firearms a few times but he grew up on a ranch in Montana and he folks still live there. He asked If I would like to go back and hunt on their property one time. I am pretty sure he has a good grip on what the real crisis is but sadly the new crop is getting brainwashed.

Doctor : "Do you have any guns?"
Me : "Sure! (handing him a stick of Dentyne)...you may want to see a Dentist about that, you may have a cavity."
Doctor : "uuuh? What?... No, I said GUN not GUM...do you have any GUNS!"
ME : "Ohhh, Of course I do...otherwise my teeth would fall out!"
Doctor : No-no-no I said GUNS...maybe you need a hearing aid?"
Me : "I'd love to...But my wife would shoot me in my sleep!"
Doctor : "Oh my God...why would she do that???"
Me : "She said she'd shoot me the next time she caught me with our horny maid...so I sold all my guns!"

Last Edited:
Another CNN op-ed disguised as news. Considering there are loads of other drasticly higher rates of preventable deaths, like cars and drugs (not to mention doctor malpractice), I can't even consider picking on law abiding gun owners as "a high source of preventable deaths". How about doctors against Chicago's liberal policies? That would be a good cause! Or doctors against Mexican herion smuggling? Morons....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top