JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your post makes me think of my time in the Bay Area. I guess a lot of them moved to Kalispell and out in the woods living in shacks with blue tarps for roof and walls and no windows (I saw this commonly just outside of Whitefish)... ;):)

I don't live in Kalispell but you can SEE this type of SMUG woman all over this state and in specific cities and in RURAL SMALL TOWNS across the country.

Cate

And you sure wouldn't want your kid to see you beat down and arrested because you escalated a 'non-crime' issue.

I completely AGREE you should not be 'pushed around and not take it' but there are more rational and intelligent ways to deal with situations like this ESPECIALLY when you are in the right and without putting yourself in a potential position of being 'wrong' because you were 'not going to be pushed around'.

I had a situation a few years ago with a Deschutes Co. Sheriff's Deputy with a 'non-crime' scenario and got my 'day in court' because of the way I handled it and would be more than happy to describe it if you would like.

I would like to read this story.

Cate

Stupid.

But I don't believe in giving kids toy guns, only real guns.

Seriously, it is my belief that toy guns foster unsafe gun handling.

Yes, I had and played with toy guns as a kid, and I eventually was taught safe gun handling (by a hunting safety course, not really by my dad or family), but I think too many kids play with toy guns, then when they get their hands on real guns they treat them the same way.

That said, if a parent wants to give their kid a toy gun, that is their right and the police/etc. have no say in the matter and they can go fornicate themselves.

I don't live in Kalispell but you can SEE this type of SMUG woman all over this state and in specific cities and in RURAL SMALL TOWNS across the country.

Cate

Well, I'm glad I don't see them here... We have our share of college students, but none of them look like Berkeley radicals, and probably aren't.

I knew you didn't live in Kalispell, I was just saying that a lot of the Bay area people, whom I associate for better or worse with that look and attitude, moved there AFAIK.

Stupid.

But I don't believe in giving kids toy guns, only real guns.

Seriously, it is my belief that toy guns foster unsafe gun handling.

Yes, I had and played with toy guns as a kid, and I eventually was taught safe gun handling (by a hunting safety course, not really by my dad or family), but I think too many kids play with toy guns, then when they get their hands on real guns they treat them the same way.

That said, if a parent wants to give their kid a toy gun, that is their right and the police/etc. have no say in the matter and they can go fornicate themselves.

I had toy guns as a kid. I had to treat them like real guns or they got removed. Most parents didn't then and wouldn't now be as disciplined so I get the point.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top