JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a way the pro gun side is often steered towards gun rights conversations instead of defensive rights.

I often hear gun rights advocates taking part in the conversation of "should x have their guns taken away in situation y".

My equivalence is this, should that person be able to defend their life?

Because that's what you are entertaining, should that person have the tools taken away to help them defend their life.

And if you don't have access to the tools but another does, you forfeit your life... So basically isn't that conversation all about if a person should live?

Which equates self defense tool ownership to the right to life, which we all have until we commit something bad enough for the death penalty.

Self defense tools should never be taken away, no matter what the tool is, unless that person should die.

Maybe as gun rights advocates instead of following the narrative on the attack on our rights, we should be forming our own narrative explaining why we need defensive rights. And if we can steer them in that direction maybe it would be more productive?

THAT is a good post!
That is a fantastic post!

Thanks, I just want consistency. I hear gun guys all the time saying guns are just tools, and that it could be any other tool used in the crime. (and the criminal will just use something else) Then in the next breathe they are discussing who should have what tools.

Do we even buy our own narrative? If it's just a tool, and the criminal will just choose a box truck or something else, then why are we discussing taking it away from others? It's contradictory and always bugged me.

I'm glad someone liked it, God knows my wife has gotten tired of hearing me rant about it. :)

Good guys and gals with guns...
30% of Americans own a gun and 43% say that there is a a gun in their household.
If these numbers are accurate....then if legal guns and legal gun ownership were a problem....
Wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be more folks harmed by people with guns....?

The problem isn't guns or legal gun owners....its criminals who use guns...Instead of passing bans , restrictions , laws and such that only target legal gun owners...how 'bout doing something against the criminals who use guns...
Andy

@AndyinEverson :D

99E8F9DE-BE93-4579-B788-7242E374DE91.jpeg

Good guys and gals with guns...
30% of Americans own a gun and 43% say that there is a a gun in their household.
If these numbers are accurate....then if legal guns and legal gun ownership were a problem....
Wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be more folks harmed by people with guns....?

The problem isn't guns or legal gun owners....its criminals who use guns...Instead of pass bans , restrictions , laws and such that only target legal gun owners...how 'bout doing something against the criminals who use guns...
Andy

And, along these ^^ lines.

When people a saying we have to have tests and licensing for our automobiles, that it should be mandatory to have tests and licensing for gun ownership too. Yet those same folks don't scream for the gov to use a database/system for prohibiting drivers that have committed crimes from owning cars? No background check to purchase a car?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews