JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is wrong on many levels and I think we all agree however the part that I am having a hard time understanding is why the LEO were called out to this.

Was it the teacher who sent the email who initiated contact with LEO ? and if so why was it acted upon as if a crime were being committed when the following applied?

"What really troubled me was the fact that someone made a claim, an accusation with zero facts," she said.

And no disrespect intended toward LEO but when did the duties of LEO extend beyond law enforcement into the position as 'counselors' and 'lecture' the parents and what right do they have to make determinations regarding age and interactions with guns?

"He essentially lectured us on child safety and the fact that our children are too young to interact with any guns and weapons," she said.

And by what criteria or other guidelines did the LEO have to make the statement:
The officer said it did not matter that it was a toy gun, and he continued to lecture the couple.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but upon determining no crime was being committed and everyone was safe was it not the proper procedure for the LEOs to say "Sorry for the inconvenience and have a nice day" and leave?

My thinking may a bit 'sideways' with this and someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe there was a large waste of valuable LEO time and resources and whoever initiated contact with LEO should be charged with 'something'. Or, at a minimum, be required to sit through a 'LECTURE' by an unbiased, knowledgeable and educated pro gun person who can 'LECTURE' the person on the error of their ways, the waste of time, resources and the fear to the family and child they caused.

All valid points you make, but you forget where we live and where we are in America today. So much SJW bullbubblegum has been slathered upon the sheeple...

Tamir Rice was a 200 pound twelve year old who had the police called on him for pointing a realistic looking 1911 at people in a public park. He was shot and killed after drawing the toy him from his waist and pointing it directly at the responding officers. That is a lot different from a seven year old with a toy setting on the table inside his private home.
Have you seen the video?

The officer said it did not matter that it was a toy gun, and he continued to lecture the couple.

BUT, But, but.......
What about the orange (or red) painted muzzle ends?

Aloha, Mark
The family was not cited, and there were no follow-up visits from authorities, but they were definitely shaken by the ordeal.
Sadly this is becoming the new norm. The parents should have said "it's a toy now get the hell away from me" and gone back inside. Of course they were scared that if they did more authorities would have just showed up.

I can't help but think of how the parents were in fear. And told the police there weren't any guns in the house. And that is when they were lectured some more and told their kids were too young to be learning about guns??? Instilling more fear into a family that was already nervous that the police were there. I'd like to think that those of us that are 2A supporters would have actually stood up for our rights and beliefs. Telling the police their grounds for being there were rediculous (while being respectful) and that their opinion on how or when I teach my children gun safety is best decided by me. But then again I have a tendency to put light on situations and would have probably had the police laughing at the fact the whole encounter was over a TOY gun.

Every single time that I see this picture, it reminds me of some people that I have SEEN in Montana NOT back where I used to live. The SMUG LOOK on this _'s face makes me want to - well never mind. Gag!

The first time was when I was in some health and food store in THIS college town looking for something that I used to buy. They stressed health and natural stuff. LOL

I went to use their bathroom in this so called WELL KNOWN famous store (PM me if you want the name since I do not want to get sued.) and I have seen truck stops on a highway, RR and airport bathrooms look CLEANER than that bathroom where the paper towels were overflowing the trash can down to the floor, the paper towel holders were empty, the sinks and mirrors needed to be wiped off, etc.

Hey, I am old and was raised on 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness'.

Heck, that sign was on the WALL in a locker room where I used to SWIM AS AN ADULT, not just as a child on the East Coast, on a DAILY BASIS at my old Olympic Pool - Y - back east in farm/lake country. CLEAN UP after yourself and respect other people's property!

I did MENTION THIS FACT to a customer service person and to my MT born/raised husband.

So the people who USED the facility should have made sure that they HIT the trash can and if they used a paper towel to wipe off any extra splash on the counter/handle using the towel PLUS get a paper towel to pull OPEN the door handle to leave.

PLUS the store should have had a worker go in there on a regular basis to CHECK and do a quick clean up in the ladies room. I have NO clue how bad the men's bathroom was since my husband did not use it.

Anyway, seeing THIS PICTURE and some other dudes/dudettes WALKING around that store and around town looking like they NEEDED a shower, a shampoo, a huge rinse, a HAIRCUT or shave REMINDS ME of the first few times that I came to TOWN from living way up in the Sapphire Mountains.

The SMUG LOOK reminds me of OLDER HIPPIES (Gag a maggot time!) and their children that they raised and indoctrinated to be such wonderful SJW types who constantly remind WE THE PEOPLE that we are always wrong and THEY are always correct due to their FEELINGS and love for nature while they themselves pollute society in general and PROMOTE the transients/bums who have NO respect for public or private land or space or personal property rights!

Old Lady Cate

Your post makes me think of my time in the Bay Area. I guess a lot of them moved to Kalispell and out in the woods living in shacks with blue tarps for roof and walls and no windows (I saw this commonly just outside of Whitefish)... ;):)

Last Edited:
I would have told the cop, you yourself said that you KNOW it's a toy gun, no crimes have been committed, you have no probable cause, no reasonable suspicion, no warrant, so until then... GFY.

Oh yes, I would have. o_O

Oh yes, I would have and have, multiple times (that's one of the advantages of have an X like mine, you get good at it).

This reminds me of those selfie fails where the girl takes a pic in the mirror and doesn't realize her dildo collection is visible in the background:p

I get we are living in a digital online world even more now with the virus stuff and didn't quite understand if this toy gun was an airsoft type that was realistic looking or a neon nerf type but either way the thing that bothers me the most is once the cop was told it was a toy and they didn't have any guns in the house (something that's none of their business) why he would give them a lecture about gun safety:confused:.

I think most of us (at least age 40 up, and probably a lot younger) played with toy guns as kids. Hell, I couldn't get enough of those ping pong shooting plastic guns from the grocery store or the ones that shot disks or some such.

I'm a little older so I missed the air soft era but I've put tens of thousands of rounds thru various paintball guns and with the right protective eye wear they are nothing but another toy and intended to be shot at other people.

A toy is a toy not a real tool.

As a side note, because my wife is working from home in the "office" which is lined floor to ceiling with shelves filled with craft supply's, I had to hang bars on the ceiling and put up curtains so people on the video chats wouldn't get side tracked asking what all the stuff in the shelves were...o_O

This reminds me of those selfie fails where the girl takes a pic in the mirror and doesn't realize her dildo collection is visible in the background:p

I get we are living in a digital online world even more now with the virus stuff and didn't quite understand if this toy gun was an airsoft type that was realistic looking or a neon nerf type but either way the thing that bothers me the most is once the cop was told it was a toy and they didn't have any guns in the house (something that's none of their business) why he would give them a lecture about gun safety:confused:.

I think most of us (at least age 40 up, and probably a lot younger) played with toy guns as kids. Hell, I couldn't get enough of those ping pong shooting plastic guns from the grocery store or the ones that shot disks or some such.

I'm a little older so I missed the air soft era but I've put tens of thousands of rounds thru various paintball guns and with the right protective eye wear they are nothing but another toy and intended to be shot at other people.

A toy is a toy not a real tool.
Remember the infamous e-bay tea kettle pic? :s0140:

Heck, three years ago, my son was detained and searched because he brought my copy of "Shooter's Bible" to school. A book. I wish I had recorded my conversation with the principal. "I hear he has access to guns in your house?" "Absolutely, under strict supervision - we go shooting together as often as we can."
Same school that called me to talk about him reading "Mein Kampf."
Me: "Is it in German or English?" Asst. Principal: "I don't know." Me: "Is it in your library?" Asst. Principal : "Yes." Me : "well then, what's the issue?"

Henry Ford was mentioned in the original Mein Kampf, Ford also put out some antisemitic books.
But he's a national Hero.

Well... I had to go ahead and Google it...my eyes can never under it now :s0140:
Pro tip from Homer...
Homer bleach.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top