Low Price Guns
Sporting Systems
Defensive Arts
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Landhawk Arms
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

National Why your doctor wants to talk about guns

Reactions
Last questionnaire I was handed at the doctor and told to fill out had all sorts of questions I deemed inappropriate and irrelevant for the reason I was seeking medical assistance.

I handed it back to the employee and said, I’m not going to fill this out, it is optional and I am choosing the option to leave it blank.

She was visibly irritated because she was obviously used to sheep who do what they are told when told to fill out a form 3 pages long with questions like “are there guns in the house” and “how are the guns stored” - etc.

Doctors, Police, city, state, and federal employees - the less you say, the better, in my opinion.

Hemlock

Reactions
When I turned 65, new medical facility, new doctor, new question form. Question number # Do you have firearms in your house? I left it blank. Receptionist says, "Do you know you didn't answer question #?" My answer, "Yes I know that."

Reactions
I think a doctor saying, “depression is a real issue and if you’re depressed and have access to guns, it increases chances of suicides. IF you have guns remember to get help. Here’s a brochure.”

Give a brochure. Don’t ask if they have guns just make it common sense to let all people know to be aware whether or not they’re gun owners.

The doctor doesn’t have to know and that sure as hell doesn’t have to go into a medical record but they can give info.

Reactions
One possible answer: "Oh, guns scare me!" and leave it at that.

If they don't scare you, you're not taking it seriously. If they weren't dangerous they would be useless.

Me: "Hi, I'd like to see the doctor about my cough and earache."

Receptionist: "Certainly, just fill out this questionnaire."

Do you have guns in the house?
I have a cough and an earache.
Are they securely stored?
Does anyone else have access to your guns?
Do ever feel depressed?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online