JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My real world experience is that more options are better.

The "silver is dumb" crowd to me is saying. "Having more options is dumb"

Pretty much that simple

My real world experience is that more options are better.

The "silver is dumb" crowd to me is saying. "Having more options is dumb"

Pretty much that simple

Despite my somewhat "smart-gumbubble" reply earlier, in fact I agree with you. Best to have the most options possibly available to you. Silver AND bullets is better... and maybe silver bullets too for Werewolf Apocalyse scenarios just to be sure!

You simply might have to walk, you may have problems that simply can't be solved by anything except a big pile of gold.

You obviously haven't backpacked 15-20 miles a day, sometimes at elevation. Even our pioneer forefathers ditched gold/silver piles when they had to carry it themselves (vs. a beast of burden schlubbing it for them).

Precious metals are one way to store wealth. Personally I would prefer to use that extra $$ to purchase land / animals and machinery to make it more productive.

I remember stories of a baker selling apple pies for $20 each at the top of the Chilkoot trail in the gold fields of the Yukon during the 1890 gold rush.

Imagine yourself and your 50 pounds of gold walking through a desert. How much of it would you give for a gallon of water? I would rather be the guy with the well taking your gold in trade.

It's not that all the nay-sayers here don't like precious metals, it's they understand the economics of it. It's value will drop significantly due to inflation* when the SHTF.

*Inflation... yeah, that's what it's called when there's only one well in that desert and you can't drink your gold.

But to each their own. Precious metals aren't bad. There are just so many other things better to spend your $$ which will give a much better return in SHTF times.... and BTW, even the professionals say no more than 10-15 % of your assets should be in precious metals and that is a hedge against....

inflation.

:)

You obviously haven't backpacked 15-20 miles a day, sometimes at elevation. Even our pioneer forefathers ditched gold/silver piles when they had to carry it themselves (vs. a beast of burden schlubbing it for them).

Precious metals are one way to store wealth. Personally I would prefer to use that extra $$ to purchase land / animals and machinery to make it more productive.

I remember stories of a baker selling apple pies for $20 each at the top of the Chilkoot trail in the gold fields of the Yukon during the 1890 gold rush.

Imagine yourself and your 50 pounds of gold walking through a desert. How much of it would you give for a gallon of water? I would rather be the guy with the well taking your gold in trade.

It's not that all the nay-sayers here don't like precious metals, it's they understand the economics of it. It's value will drop significantly due to inflation* when the SHTF.

*Inflation... yeah, that's what it's called when there's only one well in that desert and you can't drink your gold.

But to each their own. Precious metals aren't bad. There are just so many other things better to spend your $$ which will give a much better return in SHTF times.... and BTW, even the professionals say no more than 10-15 % of your assets should be in precious metals and that is a hedge against....

inflation.

:)

I like the analogy of the well in the desert. Again, both sides have a point. Definitely get gold & silver if you can afford it, but after you've checked off the essentials on the List. My take, for what it's worth.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top