JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hwbbjl.jpg

Every time I go in a store that sells powder, they don't have it.

Some are not even putting a tag as a placeholder on the shelf for it anymore.

I can't find it in stock online.

Why is this powder so hard to find?:mad:

Sportsman's in Hillsboro had some a few weeks back, but other than that I don't think I've seen it.
I was in there on Dec. 2nd and specifically asked about it - they had none and no idea when they would get any in. That was the store where they didn't even have the tag on the shelf as a place to put the container for Trail Boss.

Still none.

Someone told me of an online source, but by the time I looked, they were out of stock. So I selected their "notify me" option. Silence.

Looked again this AM online at 20+ different online powder sellers - nothing. Everybody is "out of stock" where most other powders can be bought 8 lb. sizes. :(

Still none.

Someone told me of an online source, but by the time I looked, they were out of stock. So I selected their "notify me" option. Silence.

Looked again this AM online at 20+ different online powder sellers - nothing. Everybody is "out of stock" where most other powders can be bought 8 lb. sizes. :(

Not sure were in OR. You are but if close to Portland I'd be willing to sell you a lb. out of my 5lb keg that I bought at Sportmens Idaho.

PM me if your interested

Stacy

I am fairly close to Portland, and thanks for the offer - but I would like to just go ahead and get a 5 lb. keg - if I can ever find some. Everything I have read about it convinces me that I would really like it and I would like to stock up on it.

I've done light loads before using bullseye and dacron, in both handgun and rifle, but Trail Boss is what I would want instead - if I can ever find any.

I am fairly close to Portland, and thanks for the offer - but I would like to just go ahead and get a 5 lb. keg - if I can ever find some. Everything I have read about it convinces me that I would really like it and I would like to stock up on it.

I've done light loads before using bullseye and dacron, in both handgun and rifle, but Trail Boss is what I would want instead - if I can ever find any.

You really have to keep an eye out for it both in stores and online. I have 5lbs but I got it from like 3 different sources over 6 months lol. When it shows up it gets snatched up quickly. It's a very popular powder. I got 1lb at bi Mart, 1lb at Cabela's, and I think the other 3 came from recobs. That's all I've seen in the last couple of years.

It definitely serves its purpose well, the only drawback is trying to meter it :D

As far as granny loads go, trail boss is the bees knees.....

You really have to keep an eye out for it both in stores and online. I have 5lbs but I got it from like 3 different sources over 6 months lol. When it shows up it gets snatched up quickly. It's a very popular powder. I got 1lb at bi Mart, 1lb at Cabela's, and I think the other 3 came from recobs. That's all I've seen in the last couple of years.

That;s my problem; I just don't go into those stores very often - maybe once every 6 months.

I am in the same boat. Have a bunch of .45 Colt, .38 Special and few other calibers waiting for some. Have some brass boxer 7.62X54R that I want to load with TB and .312 lead wadcutters. Make for a great soft shooting introductory loads to newbies.

I looked for you both places I was at today......

I would have picked some up for you had I found it.

You're probably doing it wrong. Note: Lessons from living in Hawaii. Know how a dock strike will affect you.

So...learn to stock pile the essentials. For our situation, that means.....

When you find a powder that you like.....buy it in 8 lb kegs. Keep a generous supply. Same for primers and bullets......stock pile it. Brass.....well, hopefully the strike will be over before I have to buy more. I'm re-loading afterall.

So....perhaps it's time for you and your friends to get together for a group buy of powder? Last time I got 4 - 8 lb kegs in one shipment. One haz mat charge. If they'll allow 6 kegs....go for it.

During any shortage....it'll be like gold. Hey, the elections are coming.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top