JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hwbbjl.jpg

Every time I go in a store that sells powder, they don't have it.

Some are not even putting a tag as a placeholder on the shelf for it anymore.

I can't find it in stock online.

Why is this powder so hard to find?:mad:

Sportsman's in Hillsboro had some a few weeks back, but other than that I don't think I've seen it.
I was in there on Dec. 2nd and specifically asked about it - they had none and no idea when they would get any in. That was the store where they didn't even have the tag on the shelf as a place to put the container for Trail Boss.

Still none.

Someone told me of an online source, but by the time I looked, they were out of stock. So I selected their "notify me" option. Silence.

Looked again this AM online at 20+ different online powder sellers - nothing. Everybody is "out of stock" where most other powders can be bought 8 lb. sizes. :(

Still none.

Someone told me of an online source, but by the time I looked, they were out of stock. So I selected their "notify me" option. Silence.

Looked again this AM online at 20+ different online powder sellers - nothing. Everybody is "out of stock" where most other powders can be bought 8 lb. sizes. :(

Not sure were in OR. You are but if close to Portland I'd be willing to sell you a lb. out of my 5lb keg that I bought at Sportmens Idaho.

PM me if your interested

Stacy

I am fairly close to Portland, and thanks for the offer - but I would like to just go ahead and get a 5 lb. keg - if I can ever find some. Everything I have read about it convinces me that I would really like it and I would like to stock up on it.

I've done light loads before using bullseye and dacron, in both handgun and rifle, but Trail Boss is what I would want instead - if I can ever find any.

I am fairly close to Portland, and thanks for the offer - but I would like to just go ahead and get a 5 lb. keg - if I can ever find some. Everything I have read about it convinces me that I would really like it and I would like to stock up on it.

I've done light loads before using bullseye and dacron, in both handgun and rifle, but Trail Boss is what I would want instead - if I can ever find any.

You really have to keep an eye out for it both in stores and online. I have 5lbs but I got it from like 3 different sources over 6 months lol. When it shows up it gets snatched up quickly. It's a very popular powder. I got 1lb at bi Mart, 1lb at Cabela's, and I think the other 3 came from recobs. That's all I've seen in the last couple of years.

It definitely serves its purpose well, the only drawback is trying to meter it :D

As far as granny loads go, trail boss is the bees knees.....

You really have to keep an eye out for it both in stores and online. I have 5lbs but I got it from like 3 different sources over 6 months lol. When it shows up it gets snatched up quickly. It's a very popular powder. I got 1lb at bi Mart, 1lb at Cabela's, and I think the other 3 came from recobs. That's all I've seen in the last couple of years.

That;s my problem; I just don't go into those stores very often - maybe once every 6 months.

I am in the same boat. Have a bunch of .45 Colt, .38 Special and few other calibers waiting for some. Have some brass boxer 7.62X54R that I want to load with TB and .312 lead wadcutters. Make for a great soft shooting introductory loads to newbies.

I looked for you both places I was at today......

I would have picked some up for you had I found it.

You're probably doing it wrong. Note: Lessons from living in Hawaii. Know how a dock strike will affect you.

So...learn to stock pile the essentials. For our situation, that means.....

When you find a powder that you like.....buy it in 8 lb kegs. Keep a generous supply. Same for primers and bullets......stock pile it. Brass.....well, hopefully the strike will be over before I have to buy more. I'm re-loading afterall.

So....perhaps it's time for you and your friends to get together for a group buy of powder? Last time I got 4 - 8 lb kegs in one shipment. One haz mat charge. If they'll allow 6 kegs....go for it.

During any shortage....it'll be like gold. Hey, the elections are coming.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads