JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to mention the "Tofu Dreg" style of construction in China.

Or if you live in a "poor" area. Because sometimes you just have to relieve some of the water. For the "Greater Good".

Yeah.....in the past there were also dam failures in the USA......some were linked to construction, engineering, and poor maintenance/inspections. But.....Whatever. Curious note......there is not much of a record, about restitution for the victims of the "accidents".

Sometimes _______ can happen.

DirtyHarry6.jpg
Do I feel lucky? Well, do I?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Whole lot of incompetence with those dam failures, and Oravill is a great example of it!
What's really sad is that it's far from the only one in trouble! I read somewhere that there are 90+ in the states at very high risk of failure, that's not good! And, when you realize thatoat dams are over 50 years old and the Dems have spent all the money on other things,. Yea, I wouldn't want to live down stream ether!

Sorta the same topic, look at PG&E and it's utter failure to service and maintain the electrical grid, especially the three hard core demo states of Or. Wa., And Ca! How may billions in recovery and lawsuits so far, and we won't mention the states complicity in all this, spending all that money on other things instead of what it was set aside for, not demanding the fed do it's part in maintaining that system! Bonneville Power does a pretty ok job, but it's also a very old system that hasn't seen the needed repairs and upkeep we the people were promised when it was all built!

Everything is gradually moving towards a more "disorganized" state. Everything will fail/crumble/erode at some point, interesting thought.

Entropy:

PHYSICS
a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
"the second law of thermodynamics says that entropy always increases with time"

We basically spend our lives nudging combinations of molecules into orderly states, for physics and time to deconstuct them.

The joke in engineering school was "if you can't hack it in electrical or mechanical engineering, change to business or civil engineering" :s0005:

I don't want to be downstream for a lot of things. :D
The way things are going, right now a part of me wants to buy a big cluster of decommissioned oil rigs, set 'em up out past the Twelve Mile Limit, use them as the nucleus to build a Chinese-style artificial island and just declare a new country like Sealand.

The way things are going, right now a part of me wants to buy a big cluster of decommissioned oil rigs, set 'em up out past the Twelve Mile Limit, use them as the nucleus to build a Chinese-style artificial island and just declare a new country like Sealand.

If your new island adopts the US Constitution AND enforces the BOR NO MATTER WHAT I would love to apply for dual citizenship. :)

If your new island adopts the US Constitution AND enforces the BOR NO MATTER WHAT I would love to apply for dual citizenship. :)
That would kinda be the point, a clean flush of USC and CFR just rebooting straight from COTUS as amended less the Direct Senate Election and Income Tax amendments... with some teeth to restrict the legislative papershufflers like barring omnibus bills.

I don't want to be downstream for a lot of things. :D
I can remember a long time ago visiting Seattle. The tour guide was describing the sewage/waste problems of early Seattle. She mentioned how raw sewage and other waste was dumped into Puget Sound. Rrrright.....she said that the floaters could still be seen as far south as Tacoma.

I'd think that it was a myth (about the floaters). But, the point of the story stuck with me.

Aloha, Mark

I can remember a long time ago visiting Seattle. The tour guide was describing the sewage/waste problems of early Seattle. She mentioned how raw sewage and other waste was dumped into Puget Sound. Rrrright.....she said that the floaters could still be seen as far south as Tacoma.

I'd think that it was a myth (about the floaters). But, the point of the story stuck with me.

Aloha, Mark
Now, the floaters are all the dead homeless!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews