JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cool.

IMG_2776.jpeg

Clearly we, as a society, have decided that human life has intrinsic value; that humans have a right to that life; that humans have a right to defend that life from an attack upon it. Simply put: self-defense is a natural right.
Yup. No debate from me on that đź‘Ť

Since one has a right to self-defense, then it logically follows that people have a right to access to the means of self-defense. As such, to deny a person a right to access to the means of self-defense is to implicitly deny them the right to self-defense. Therefore, it is, from a philosophical standpoint, morally wrong to attempt to keep people from owning guns.
The philosophical question centers around just "who is sovereign ?"

Hobbes says the State (Government) should be Sovereign to Mankind; many governments have gone as far as assuming the absolute monopoly on "lawful violence" (justifiable violence, defence , punishments and the like).

Jefferson, and most of the Founders have gone the other way, the Citizen is Sovereign,for it was the armed Citizen who stood up to tyrants, it was they who gained independence from the Crown, and the government they crafted was to be subservient to the People.

Well let's see, let me count the reasons why I support the right to carry:

- because one political party condones criminal behavior
- because that same party empties prisons, turning more and more criminals out on the street
- same party refuses to punish criminals for their crimes
- same party supports defunding police
- yup that same party doesn't support good policing practices
- same party thinks possession or use of illegal drugs shouldn't be punished
- same party supports publicly funded distribution of needles for those illegal drug users to continue their criminal behavior
- that party embraces the homeless by not enforcing laws, distributing tents, tarps and funds to ensure homeless behavior is reinforced
- yet that very same party doesn't want you to have the right to protect or defend yourself

That's why I support the right to concealed carry, because there's a political party busy destroying the very fabric of our society.

A license for a natural right? That is, a right which exists because I exist? Not sure I understand what you're driving at here...I see no reason I should need a license from the government to defend myself and those who matter to me...
Yet most people on this board got fingerprinted and paid for a CC license. They willingly participated in a gun control program.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews