JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I figured this would be a good way to further introduce myself after my bare-bones new member post.

The reason I support the right of people to own guns is a simple matter of logical thinking and the logical progression of that thinking.

Clearly we, as a society, have decided that human life has intrinsic value; that humans have a right to that life; that humans have a right to defend that life from an attack upon it. Simply put: self-defense is a natural right.

Since one has a right to self-defense, then it logically follows that people have a right to access to the means of self-defense. As such, to deny a person a right to access to the means of self-defense is to implicitly deny them the right to self-defense. Therefore, it is, from a philosophical standpoint, morally wrong to attempt to keep people from owning guns.

A brief side: we're all familiar with the argument "why do you need a (insert latest boogeyman here)?" Well, sorry, bro, but last time I checked my life is my own and I am under no obligation to demonstrate a need to you or anyone else. I want it, it is for sale, I can afford it, so I'm going to have it. IDGAF what you think I need. My life, my business. End of story.

Self defense...sure.
However....
I would urge one to consider that firearms can also be used and enjoyed for many more aspects other than soley self defense.
To limit yourself to one , single aspect of firearms...is just that ...limiting.

In any event....
Own whatever firearms you like or not...as you wish , its your choice.
Just don't make that choice for me or others.
Andy

Last Edited:
Self defense...sure.
However....
I would urge one to consider that firearms can also be used and enjoyed for many more aspects other than soley self defense.
To limit yourself to one , single aspect of firearms...is just that ...limiting.
I wouldn't say my interest in firearms is solely defensive, but certainly it is primarily and the only thing limiting is my wallet.

1686804708692.png

1686800325160.png

1686800260617.png

1686804793640.png

1686805597807.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.........
1686805018536.png

OMG?!?!?!

Last Edited:
I wouldn't say my interest in firearms is solely defensive, but certainly it is primarily and the only thing limiting is my wallet.
The elephant in the room is that the "defensive use" can also be against a government acting tyrannically, but in schools they mostly stopped teaching civics and the history behind the statements in The Constitution and the BOR so the notion to average Americans sounds 'radical.'

The elephant in the room is that the "defensive use" can also be against a government acting tyrannically, but in schools they mostly stopped teaching civics and the history behind the statements in The Constitution and the BOR so the notion to average Americans sounds 'radical.'
Its amazing how they teach all the other rights as written but the 2A is left out other than that "it can be regulated".

Agree, to add the primary use of guns is self defense (person or country...) any sporting or other use is secondary to guns as a general invention.

Its amazing how they teach all the other rights as written but the 2A is left out other than that "it can be regulated".

Agree, to add the primary use of guns is self defense (person or country...) any sporting or other use is secondary to guns as a general invention.
It's easier to strip rights that people know nothing about. We had a discussion the other day about concealed carry permits. Kids are naturally inquisitive and they'll ask questions to learn about a lot of things.

It's easier to strip rights that people know nothing about. We had a discussion the other day about concealed carry permits. Kids are naturally inquisitive and they'll ask questions to learn about a lot of things.
its easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled...

I have guns for self-defense, home defense, target shooting, plinking, competition, hunting, collecting, sentimental value and just because they are cool. I even have one for no reason at all, or at least I don't remember the reason. :)

But when it comes down to it, I don't need a reason.

Self defense...sure.
However....

In any event....
Own whatever firearms you like or not...as you wish , its your choice.
Just don't make that choice for me or others.
Andy
Well of course. I enjoy shooting as a hobby. I guess it came across as I felt though self-defense is the only suitable use firearms, but that is certainly not the case. Shooting is also a great stress relief mechanism, it helps hand-eye-coordination, and it's just good fun.

If it's a right, did you pay for the license?
A license for a natural right? That is, a right which exists because I exist? Not sure I understand what you're driving at here...I see no reason I should need a license from the government to defend myself and those who matter to me...

In Illinois I had to pay for a license to own guns. A FOID card aka firearm owner identification card. It worked wonders. Absolutely no illegal guns or criminals with guns.

Made the biggest city in the state a wonderful oasis of safety. Chicago is one of the safest places in America...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews