JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They just don't get it. They don't care about your rights, or your freedom to do as you please.

They speak highly of their 2A right to bare arms, but do not care about yours.

They instantly label you as incompetent. You don't know how to handle yourself if someone goes for your gun.

They often imagine themselves in movies, stuck in a bank robbery or jewel highst. "You lose the element of surprise." "The gunman will target you first because you have a gun." Generally, people don't even realize you HAVE the gun, let alone a criminal who's keeping tabs on a LOT more than that.

I guess the scenario of a criminal cornering you and putting a gun in your face, and you not being able to get to yours fast enough because it's under a shirt and jacket, just isn't as cool. Let alone a bad guy not wanting to mug a guy who has a gun on his hip.

They are usualy quick to praise Law Enforcement of their training and abilities that allow them to carry openly. But anyone here who has worked with the majority of officers would know the training is sub-par. There are shining stars and completely bad-*** officers out there, but they do not make the majority.

They won't shut up about how you're bad for firearms progression and the 2A, but can't admit it's the deterioration of the 2A that makes openly carrying to "taboo". In the wild west, for instance, did anyone conceal carry? Nope, and it was normal. Everyone had a gun. If they had the "Let's not kill everyone..." Mentality that we do today, life would have been very peaceful.

They don't do anything to further the firearms cause. They spend so much time complaining about people who open carry, all it does is create a line in the sand between gun owners. Where people who simply dislike open carry can still acknowledge a persons right to open carry, and leave it at that; The anti-OC forum warrior will go out of his way to tell you how much better he is than you.

I won't and don't look at people funny that open carry myself. If you want to do so it is fine with me. I don't like to attract the atention of a lot of people myself which is my personal choice.

I'm not sure myself whether it helps the cause or hurts the cause in today sociaty. That being said if you want to do it, please continue to do it. It is leagal for you to do so in many places in oregon. Unfortunately for you Beaverton disallows it unless you have a CHL making you exempt from the ordinance.

The debate is just like any other in the gun community. Semi-auto or revolver, 9mm or .45, ak or ar, etc. No answer is perfect. There's legitimate reasons for open carry, and legitimate reasons for concealed carry. The smart thing to do is to realize that, rather than insisting insisting any opinion other than yours is utterly erroneous.

Thanks, Joe. I recently did my first real open carrying while working in Wells, NV. I can't think of a better place to get used to OC than a gun friendly town in a gun friendly state.

I guess the first thing I think when I see someone carrying is huh he's carrying and so am I then I go back to what Im doing because its no big deal....its not the ruining anything for anyone. whats ruining things for us is people that dont carry legally or commit crimes against people with firearms, or dont handle firearms safely === and that is only a portion of the problem . when your law abiding "your law abiding" period. And until they change the rules of carry of any kind we should be supprotive of one another in either decision that we choose because we are all part of this free america for the time being. United we stand and divided we fall...........

"Bungee Jumping without a Bungee" would be a better analogy for going to battle without a gun. "Playing poker with your cards face up" would have fit better. :)

Anyway, who are you to say they need to be trained and have the right gear? Who are you to say they're not?

I think it's pretty generous to say you're giving a criminal the ability to take your gun and use it against you. It fits the same way anti-gunners state their facts. A bad guy can get a gun and kill hundreds of people, but you as a civilian will accidentally shoot an innocent bistandard. A criminal has the skills to take and keep your firearm in their control. But you, as a civilian, can't keep it in yours.

You want to go bungie jumping without a bungie, that's fine with me...ignorance is bliss I guess.

Riot, please untwist those ------'s of yours. Nobody is personally attacking you. Why do you feel that throwing out jab's at those that don't see things exactly the way you do will help support your way of thinking?

So because I disagree with open carry, I'm bad for the second amendment? Wow, that's a very lofty statement considering. I don't agree with open carry. Never have liked it. But I'm very pro-2nd amendment.

Lets try this. People who open carry are not idiots for doing it, people who oppose it aren't idiots for opposing it. These debates don't get anyone anywhere...

So because I disagree with open carry, I'm bad for the second amendment? Wow, that's a very lofty statement considering. I don't agree with open carry. Never have liked it. But I'm very pro-2nd amendment.

Lets try this. People who open carry are not idiots for doing it, people who oppose it aren't idiots for opposing it. These debates don't get anyone anywhere...

I think even I can agree with you...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads