JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The firearms its self does not make men immoral or moral. It does not change ones heart, mind or passions. If you love ice cream the fact ice cream exist does not change your life. Our reactions to the ice cream does. Alone a tub or cone of ice cream does not do anything at all its sits there and may even melt eventually all with us not doing a thing.
If you take a firearms lets say an SKS, an leave it out in the elements untouched it will corrode, the wood will turn to dust the steel will rust and all will return to the earth with us having done nothing.
Men and Women we are all born to a country that has moral directives, some will say its is because of religious influences yet a the same time they will follow these laws they will, deny any an all religions or influences yet never truly address where their moral judgment comes from.
People are held accountable for murder, not killing but murder.
Yet the Bible as and example clearly spells our murder as wrong, but in many cases killing is justified.
Not unlike our own laws where in certain instances of defense one must kill. Funny how this is also reflected in our laws that killing under defense is lawful even morally lawful in our communities.
Yet when killing is done with a morally neutral object like a firearm the grey lines begin.

1. If you run down a person in a car, most likely you will be found guilty of a crime.
  2. If you stab a person repeatedly you may be found guilty.
  3. If you shoot a person attacking you, you may be found guilty.
We use a justice system that is in stone, that murder is wrong on all levels.
Yet when we use a gun to kill in defense it goes into question like some how the firearms existence
diminished the ability to strike down an intruder. And puts a thought of justification and possible murder all when using a object. If I use a bat in defense and the intruder dies I will most likely be set free. However moving that objects identify to a firearm changes it ??
In the Bible as a reference there are instances that a man has a right in his home to defend himself and end ones life if it comes to that. There are no mentions of how one defends oneself, however today in a modern world we now must justify our morality to the courts when using an morally neutral object when that object is a firearm.

So makes one wonder are laws immoral? Or is the Morally Neutral Object Immoral ?

DH Out...

An item is a inanimate object ... so it can not have any morals.
It should not matter what a object is , does , designed for , etc ...
But it should matter just a person does with a item or object.

An item itself also cannot influence you or your morals.
Again it simply is a inanimate object.
You can place emotions on a inanimate object and allow those emotions to influence you and your behavior...or you can allow others to influence you and your views regarding a object.
But the object in the end will always be just a object.

In this case a gun does not care how you feel about it.
It will simply just be a gun.
It can do nothing unless you do something to it or with it.

One can use anything for good or ill intent ... it is not the fault of the item nor even in the control of the item ... It is however in the power of a human to use a item for good or ill.
Andy

I never really gotten into naming my guns ....:D
But then what goes on in the gun room ...stays in the gun room...:eek::p:D

Another thought on "feelings" towards guns.
When I look at or handle a antique rifle I get a different feeling ... then when I look at and handle a AR15.
Now this feeling is not the rifles doing or "fault".
Nor does it make one rifle good and the other bad.
But it is a refection of my thoughts and experiences with each of those rifles.

it is important to separate your feelings that you bring to the gun and not project them to the gun itself... while viewing , handling , discussing etc ... a gun.
Andy
True, true. BUT! When you name your guns they become entities and respond well to good treatment. Mine do anyway.

My guns are tremendously judgmental. I scrawled some rune symbols on them and now whenever they are in close proximity to some antifa or the like, they give off a bluish glow.

th?id=OIP.4SEN0QALs8RKpbAfUrhdFQEsBx&w=299&h=113&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

either that or I'm using way too much Power Pistol.

jk

Orcs or antifa, what's the difference?
"They make no beautiful things, but rather design cunning devices made to hurt and destroy."

Ray

According to "Bored Of The Rings" by the National Lampoon, they also sculpt piles of their fecal matter into pungent and terrifying likenesses of themselves!

BTW.....has anyone ever seen any more stupid, useless weapons than those the Orc's carry? Sheesh!

Don't you know guns are bad? That's why I have rounded up as many as I can and have them locked away securely in my safe so they can't get out to roam the streets hurting people.o_O

"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."
Shane, 1953

@DuneHopper you may be right about guns, but not ice cream. Ice cream has ruined many a man. In fact, mine is calling to me right now. I must obey!!:p:p (Strawberry) :D:D (mint) :):) (vanilla):mad: (no, no cherry):eek::eek: (bubblegum) really, I typed bubblegum, not something prohibited by the site,:rolleyes::rolleyes:(grape) is there grape ice cream?? There should be.

@DuneHopper you may be right about guns, but not ice cream. Ice cream has ruined many a man. In fact, mine is calling to me right now. I must obey!!:p:p (Strawberry) :D:D (mint) :):) (vanilla):mad: (no, no cherry):eek::eek: (bubblegum) really, I typed bubblegum, not something prohibited by the site,:rolleyes::rolleyes:(grape) is there grape ice cream?? There should be.
I shoved a pertater in a ice cream truck's megaphone once.
Didn't help one bit.

It's a machine, folks! o_O

And mine's well oiled. :rolleyes:

Well......I've proved that I'm a bit of a hypocrite here! As it turns out I do have a pistol with a name. :oops: Her name is "Baby Doll" and she's a Colt, polished stainless, Officers Model .45, and she used to be very sad when I went out without her!
All in fun, it was the nicest/best pistol I had ever owned! Otherwise no anthropomorphicsizing in the gun safe!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top