JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stoner was a country fan, put some "Twang" In that rifle!

But like others said if you are hearing a ring and have a vortex or other prong flash hider that will cause it the work like tuning forks

Some people spend $150 on a captive silent buffer spring. It's never bothered me through thousands of (taxpayer funded) rounds. If it did I would use the $1 option and slather the buffer spring with grease to minimize it.

On my rifle length AR this does not happen. On my carbine, after every shot there's a distinct ring. Is this something to do with the bolt buffer?

The answers have been given. The funny thing is the I don't notice the "twang" on any of my carbines, the only AR I notice it on is my A1 full stock rifle length.

Stoner was a country fan, put some "Twang" In that rifle!

But like others said if you are hearing a ring and have a vortex or other prong flash hider that will cause it the work like tuning forks

One of the last carbine classes I took one of the student had one of those tuning fork prong flash hiders, it was fracken obnoxious. If anyone is ever looking for an extremely effective 3 prong flash hider that does not have that annoying ring check out the White Sound FOSSA.

A lot of open pronged flash hiders will ring when fired, some even when just touched. Few that do not at all.

The flash hider on my M1A (being used for a Mk 14 ebr clone someday) has a flash hider that'll ring if you just look at it. The flash hider on the BRN-180 doesn't ring. :confused:

In addition to what others have said, I have also seen this come from budget free-float handguards. If wrapping your hand tightly around the handguard when you fire prevents the ring, then that's the source.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top