JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good afternoon everyone. My father picked this up along his travels years ago. We can't identify what it is. Looks to be for shot put, but similar is being sold as a civil war cannonball? Only thing I can see on it is the "4 K" and the seam.
Any help on identifying this would be appreciated, as I know nothing on this subject.
Thank you,
Travis
IMG_20240421_120209434.jpg IMG_20240421_120218593.jpg

4k makes if almost assuredly shotput. Cannonballs are almost never marked for weight, and if they were American ones would be in pounds.

Last Edited:
I have one I found in the alley besides the house soon after we bought the place in 88. but it was there quite a while and is in much rougher condition. I never thought to weigh it in Kilo's I was trying to figure out if it as a shot put weighing it in pounds. As this thing has to if its a shot put date back to at least the 60's for the condition its in. It currently locked up or I would reweigh it, It looks like mine is a little bigger unless you have really really big hands

My 14yo son has been doing this for the school in the off football season. He is a ringer for them. The school hadn't won the shot put event in decades, haven't lost one since he joined. @Travyboy78 how far can you toss it? I'd be curious to compare distances with my boy :p

I have one I found in the alley besides the house soon after we bought the place in 88. but it was there quite a while and is in much rougher condition. I never thought to weigh it in Kilo's I was trying to figure out if it as a shot put weighing it in pounds. As this thing has to if its a shot put date back to at least the 60's for the condition its in. It currently locked up or I would reweigh it, It looks like mine is a little bigger unless you have really really big hands
Looks like it is 8.8lbs.
Some would say I have big hands.

My 14yo son has been doing this for the school in the off football season. He is a ringer for them. The school hadn't won the shot put event in decades, haven't lost one since he joined. @Travyboy78 how far can you toss it? I'd be curious to compare distances with my boy :p
I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a shot next time I'm out at my parents place!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top