JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stoner was a country fan, put some "Twang" In that rifle!

But like others said if you are hearing a ring and have a vortex or other prong flash hider that will cause it the work like tuning forks

Some people spend $150 on a captive silent buffer spring. It's never bothered me through thousands of (taxpayer funded) rounds. If it did I would use the $1 option and slather the buffer spring with grease to minimize it.

On my rifle length AR this does not happen. On my carbine, after every shot there's a distinct ring. Is this something to do with the bolt buffer?

The answers have been given. The funny thing is the I don't notice the "twang" on any of my carbines, the only AR I notice it on is my A1 full stock rifle length.

Stoner was a country fan, put some "Twang" In that rifle!

But like others said if you are hearing a ring and have a vortex or other prong flash hider that will cause it the work like tuning forks

One of the last carbine classes I took one of the student had one of those tuning fork prong flash hiders, it was fracken obnoxious. If anyone is ever looking for an extremely effective 3 prong flash hider that does not have that annoying ring check out the White Sound FOSSA.

A lot of open pronged flash hiders will ring when fired, some even when just touched. Few that do not at all.

The flash hider on my M1A (being used for a Mk 14 ebr clone someday) has a flash hider that'll ring if you just look at it. The flash hider on the BRN-180 doesn't ring. :confused:

In addition to what others have said, I have also seen this come from budget free-float handguards. If wrapping your hand tightly around the handguard when you fire prevents the ring, then that's the source.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top