JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are THAT afraid? Wow.

Why do you own a gun? What fears do you have? I wouldn't walk through/drive through (in case I broke down)Liberty City Fl. or parts of Chicago at night if I could avoid it. I avoid using ATMs that are secluded at night and I'd avoid A group of teens Hispanic or otherwise who are dressed in Gang Red. If they are dressing to intimidate why would I want to have any contact with them? Isn't that being stupid?

Gang Land USA, right here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxiO_izgO2HgfMgxm1LNJn0hX9TkcLz86fqgby74DxvSsUA20_.jpg

I just had to comment because that made me laugh.

---

I'm a white male. In the winter I wear a black hooded sweatshirt, although don't put up the hood up unless it's blizzard conditions. I don't know if I look threatening, don't really care, actually.

I will say this though- when I was 16 years old, working at walmart (cart pusher) I had to fill in occasionally for door greeters breaks. Of the young men who shoplifted, 90% wore hoodies.

For what it's worth though, women with baby strollers/bags were the overwhelming number of shoplifters :s0114:

well my profiling techniques say yes. these hoodlums are clearly posing for a facebook picture throwing gang signs and wearing their gangs street colors. the bags theyre carrying must contain illegal drugs or weapons. their 4A rights have been lost because of the attire they are wearing, (note: there are hoods on their coats) they are clearly up to no good.

I'm not suspending common sense for political correctness.

:s0155:

For a lesson in "profiling" try a weekend at a naturist retreat or resort. It simply does not work there. The wife and I have been surprised many times after talking to the folks we have met while at such places as to what they do for a living and their life experiences. In an environment like that you don't know (until they tell you) if you are talking to a doctor or a mechanic. We have made lifelong friends at both ends of the socioeconomic spectrum.

My point is what a person chooses to wear has everything to do with how they are perceived.

Yes, that's the only possible explanation. It couldn't be that you're having a bad hair day, that the heat in your car doesn't work, that you're driving to work at a construction site or even that you have a fever and are on your way to the doctor's. Nobody ever wears a hoodie for any of those reasons (unless, of course, they are also repeat offenders, obvi).

Ever heard of the SHARPs? The skinhead subculture originated as a multiracial blue collar movement, not as a racist one, until it was coopted by the neonazis.

Exactly. This is an excellent standard for our free nation to aspire to. Anyone who wears clothing that isn't fully in sync with the cultural hegemony of the day doesn't deserve to be treated like a full-fledged human being.

Read up, please. SHARPS were started in the US in the '80's(and, I used to fight that trash on the streets of Portland. They beat up anyone of color and then hid behind their "non-racist" ways and blamed it on other groups)They are vile trash and junkies. They have nothing to do with "anti-racism", they only beat up those that they can steal drugs from or rape. They are filthy street trash and I will to this day say that to any of their faces. Then, if they want it bad enough, I will roll them in a little ball and hand them from their track marks in Pioneer Square.

Now, the skinhead movement started in The UK and it was very much about class. The working class vs. the rich. The racism did get a healthy start in England, but was then honed in the US. Please don't try to paint it as some kind of "healthy", "good" thing. Skins on both sides are trash. I know first hand.

On January 1st, 1993 Eric Banks(racist Skin) was shot and killed by Jon Bair(SHARP and older brother of my neighbor and childhood best friend Chris Bair). He did 5 years for his murder, Mulugeta Seraw' killers received a life sentence. When he got out, I attended his welcome home party. He was given a heroes welcome for shooting a man in the face. In all fairness, he was a changed, better man and now has moved away due to old friends wanting him to act as a recruiter and old enemies wanting revenge. Bottom line, don't fall for any Skinhead tricks. You will end up doing their dirty work while they laugh all the way to hell. Again, that's both sides.

Last Edited:

For a lesson in "profiling" try a weekend at a naturist retreat or resort. It simply does not work there. The wife and I have been surprised many times after talking to the folks we have met while at such places as to what they do for a living and their life experiences. In an environment like that you don't know (until they tell you) if you are talking to a doctor or a mechanic. We have made lifelong friends at both ends of the socioeconomic spectrum.

My point is what a person chooses to wear has everything to do with how they are perceived.

My unicorn prancing through a rainbow neck tattoo says WTF? lol

And my point is if it bothers you how others perceive you then you should change your style or change society. If you choose the latter expect some people to form an opinion at first glance, It's their right and it's their problem. If your getting constantly stopped by police because you believe they are biased against hoodies and no other factors, like matching a description, or hanging around an area at a time when it's unusual to see pedestrians like a quiet residential area at 3am, then you have a legitimate beef.

And my point is if it bothers you how others perceive you then you should change your style or change society. If you choose the latter expect some people to form an opinion at first glance, It's their right and it's their problem. If your getting constantly stopped by police because you believe they are biased against hoodies and no other factors, like matching a description, or hanging around an area at a time when it's unusual to see pedestrians like a quiet residential area at 3am, then you have a legitimate beef.

Well said. I personally have a tendency to lean strongly toward the latter.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top