JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know a guy who has one (not a gun guy) that he aquired as a gift years ago. He said he will never do anything with it and asked if I wanted to buy it. I told him that to me, it was worth $100, and that's what I would pay. He agreed. I also told him that they are quite expensive online, but I couldn't tell him why. Is it for retro builds?
DPMS Panther LR 308 Lower Receiver .308 Win Black Stripped

Last Edited:
I know a guy who has one (not a gun guy) that he aquired as a gift years ago. He said he will never do anything with it and asked if I wanted to buy it. I told him that to me, it was worth $100, and that's what I would pay. He agreed. I also told him that they are quite expensive online, but I couldn't tell him why. Is it for retro builds?
DPMS Panther LR 308 Lower Receiver .308 Win Black Stripped

No idea. It's a little more material than an AR15, and probably not produced in the quantities or by the larger number of suppliers, but other than that, I don't get the sometimes very big price difference either. $100 seems more than fair.

Market value. I've seen various AR10/308 stripped lowers go for upto $550. I was able to put a Palmetto State Armory PA 10 for just over $700. Today you could do one for $550 complete.

Without the media sending folks into a frenzy and an overstock of product it's now a buyers market. I have a few ARs I'd like to sell but not a a big loss. I'd gift the before losing that much.

Yeah I don't get it. Buds has them for $240. I was just curious if I was missing why they are more than double some other manufacturers. Roll marks don't mean much to me either way.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews