JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When the laws are passed and it's time to gather up the firearms, who is going to come for them. Is it going to be the anti-gun groups or the anti-gun politicians? Or is it going to be the government agencies/law enforcement? It seems obvious to me that it is going to be the latter. I don't expect moms demand action to show up on my doorstep and ask me to hand over my outlawed firearms. I think most will agree this role will be filled by the government.

Since the anti-gun laws continue to be passed shouldn't we be supportive of efforts to hinder those who will be tasked at enforcing them?

There are a whole lot of recent immigrants more than willing to trample our rights. VP Harris is one of them.

GOV is actively recruiting, would have to hinder at the highest levels.

An argument could be made to support an agency, a local sheriff for example if you were confident that sheriff would protect you from outside law enforcement agencies coming in to enforce anti-gun laws. That is very unlikely to occur in any areas that I visit and especially not where I live.

Yeah, they are going to declare war on the third of America that owns more guns than the total number of US Citizens? Were they planning on using the defunded police agencies to do that? Who so they think the LE that they have villanized and thrown under the bus at every turn will support, assuming the ones left have any competency whatsoever?

Drip... Drip... Drip...

Looking at CA and NY as precidents I don't see any real organized confiscations. Just the steady drip of individuals being made examples of.

When the laws are passed and it's time to gather up the firearms, who is going to come for them. Is it going to be the anti-gun groups or the anti-gun politicians? Or is it going to be the government agencies/law enforcement? It seems obvious to me that it is going to be the latter. I don't expect moms demand action to show up on my doorstep and ask me to hand over my outlawed firearms. I think most will agree this role will be filled by the government.

Since the anti-gun laws continue to be passed shouldn't we be supportive of efforts to hinder those who will be tasked at enforcing them?
It will be the thin blue line...

un_blue_helmet.jpg

An argument could be made to support an agency, a local sheriff for example if you were confident that sheriff would protect you from outside law enforcement agencies coming in to enforce anti-gun laws. That is very unlikely to occur in any areas that I visit and especially not where I live.

Even if the sheriff want to, what would they do, post an armed squad at everybody's house?

Yeah, they are going to declare war on the third of America that owns more guns than the total number of US Citizens? Were they planning on using the defunded police agencies to do that? Who so they think the LE that they have villanized and thrown under the bus at every turn will support, assuming the ones left have any competency whatsoever?

It will be some joint force - like it was at Waco.

Speaking of, why not support defunding, since the agencies we would be defunding are likely the ones that will confiscate our firearms under Red Flag laws, etc?

It will be contracted subs, like the the ones being put in place to do all of the unconstitutional surveillance that now needs doing.

The alphabet agency hires Paul Blart Reapportionment Systems to send some Mall Cop wanna be playing Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Speaking of, why not support defunding, since the agencies we would be defunding are likely the ones that will confiscate our firearms under Red Flag laws, etc?

I don't believe that to be true. First, most of use would not be flagged that way. Second, it is more likely, in a general confiscation push, that it would be federal LE and most of the LEOs being actually being defunded or being considered for defunding are local LE, not federal - you won't see anybody in power actually advocating defunding the feds (which IMO is what the federal level PTB would hope for - defunding local, replacing them with feds).

This is where most seem to "not get it". They will not need to come take guns as they are made illegal. As they pass law after law restricting what guns we "need" the ones that are now a no go will no longer be sold. The people who have one can keep it, knowing they are violating the law. They may never be caught. A few will be and they will be made an example of. Those who do not own one of the guns they made no go yet will say what they say now. "I don't have one of those, so I don't care". Simple.

I think we are underestimating how many red flag confiscations are taking place and they are making it easier for them to occur:

"Meanwhile, officials in San Diego issued more than 300 gun violence restraining orders, by far the most of any county."

Source: https://www.thetrace.org/2020/02/st...flag-laws-for-gun-owners-heres-how-they-work/

I am pretty sure local police were responsible for the vast majority of these seizures.

Because as they win the "defund" efforts the places that are soon over run with crime will scream for the same people to "fix it". They will fix it. There will be Federal Police that are not accountable to the local voters. Since the media will support them, they will ignore the things that happen as if they did not happen. Just like now. Anyone see how many places are deciding the county Sheriff will no longer be elected? They will be appointed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top