JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am hijacking my own thread to discuss this closely related topic. Assuming the authorities have a warrant or court order permitting the search for and seizure of some or all of your firearms and or firearm parts, how will you handle the search and seizure?

For this imaginary search and seizure scenerio assume that you have on the premises the following firearms and a firearms detection dog will be brought in to assist in the search.

An sks modified to fire full auto
A glock with a fun switch
A short barreled shotgun, unregistered.
Two ARs with bumpstocks
A short barreled rifle, unregistered.

For the record I don't own any of these illegal components or firearms nor do I own any currently illegal firearms.
A wise man I know has shared that "going out in a blaze of glory" is ultimately stupid. Effective guerrilla campaigns are waged by surviving, not dying.

I'd start by taking down the names of everyone involved and formulating a plan for how to "voice my complaint" after that.

This is also why the phrase, "don't carry all your eggs in 1 basket" applies.

A wise man I know has shared that "going out in a blaze of glory" is ultimately stupid. Effective guerrilla campaigns are waged by surviving, not dying.

I'd start by taking down the names of everyone involved and formulating a plan for how to "voice my complaint" after that.

This is also why the phrase, "don't carry all your eggs in 1 basket" applies.

The blaze of glory option never seemed attractive to me. I see lots of members here indicate that is how they will go out but I wonder if it is just "bar talk" and they will ultimately try a legal path.

In the extreme example I suggested, it would seem like there is no path where you could talk your way out of leaving in cuffs, so I am guessing it's best to keep quiet until you can talk with an attorney.

Given some stuff that list...
...I'd be surprised if they were stored "on-site", ... so, call the lawyer, offer to put on a fresh pot of coffee for the guys, maybe put out a few cookies, scatter some doggy treats around the septic tank lid?
:s0047:

Last Edited:
The blaze of glory option never seemed attractive to me. I see lots of members here indicate that is how they will go out but I wonder if it is just "bar talk" and they will ultimately try a legal path.

In the extreme example I suggested, it would seem like there is no path where you could talk your way out of leaving in cuffs, so I am guessing it's best to keep quiet until you can talk with an attorney.
The first fact you have to acknowledge is that talking in that situation whatsoever can only hurt you and never help you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top