JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
INstead of a chiropractor, try going to a massage therapist. Two years ago my wife gave me a Massage Envy gift card. It sat unused until earlier this year. That one hour massage changed my outlook - it felt soooooo good. I signed up for a membership and have been getting 2 a month. My back feels better. The massages themselves sometimes hurt like hell when she's working out a knotted up muscle, but afterward ohmuhgawd does the back feel better. I haven't been in a few weeks, because I had to cancel my last appointment because I was sick and didn't want to spread it - and I can tell the difference, without the massage my back is all knotted up and hurts more. I need to get an appointment made soon.

The $59 a month and extra $39 for the 2nd massage (as a member you get one "free" massage a month, and discounts for each additional massage - non members are $75 a wack) has proven to be well worth it from the pain relief issue. I don't like drugs, and pain killers would only mask the problems anyway.

Chiropractors.... sometimes but not all the time but today I walked out in way worse shape than I did when going in....:eek::eek::eek: I hope I can make it till Mondays appt!!!:oops::oops::oops:

Jim, have you ever tried acupuncture for chronic pain? I've been doing what they call "Community Acupuncture" A group of people in recliners in the same room. Not as creepy as it sounds once you get there. They work on a sliding fee scale. And generally only put needles (Very fine needles) below the knees, bellow the shoulders and in the head. It really is a great feeling to me, and a relief from pain.

Here's one that's somewhat in your neck of the woods.
Locations | Community Acupuncture Studio, LLC. Olympia, WA

See. I've been wanting to try a chiropractor but semi scared of being hurt, worse! But I really should. My shoulders/neck are all out of wack.

INstead of a chiropractor, try going to a massage therapist. Two years ago my wife gave me a Massage Envy gift card. It sat unused until earlier this year. That one hour massage changed my outlook - it felt soooooo good. I signed up for a membership and have been getting 2 a month. My back feels better. The massages themselves sometimes hurt like hell when she's working out a knotted up muscle, but afterward ohmuhgawd does the back feel better. I haven't been in a few weeks, because I had to cancel my last appointment because I was sick and didn't want to spread it - and I can tell the difference, without the massage my back is all knotted up and hurts more. I need to get an appointment made soon.

The $59 a month and extra $39 for the 2nd massage (as a member you get one "free" massage a month, and discounts for each additional massage - non members are $75 a wack) has proven to be well worth it from the pain relief issue. I don't like drugs, and pain killers would only mask the problems anyway.

+1 on the massages (not familiar with the member place).

Last job I had a did something to my lower back (maybe hooking up a generator to the hitch or carrying 120lb batteries up a hill) and it just kept getting worst every week and started to go up my back to the point I was in pain all the time and still had to work.

My wife had a friend who knew a lady who worked out of her house and she gave us a good price so I went in and laid there thinking she was killing me and that it was a big mistake.

By the end I was really sore but my back pains were gone and didn't come back until I did something else stupid a year later or so.

So far some rest and a muscle relaxer resets me but having added weight to my frame, struggling to loose weight and excersising as much as possible, I might just be back to one in the next few months after I find a suitable job.

Jim, have you ever tried acupuncture for chronic pain? I've been doing what they call "Community Acupuncture" A group of people in recliners in the same room. Not as creepy as it sounds once you get there. They work on a sliding fee scale. And generally only put needles (Very fine needles) below the knees, bellow the shoulders and in the head. It really is a great feeling to me, and a relief from pain.

Here's one that's somewhat in your neck of the woods.
Locations | Community Acupuncture Studio, LLC. Olympia, WA

See. I've been wanting to try a chiropractor but semi scared of being hurt, worse! But I really should. My shoulders/neck are all out of wack.

Try a massage first but get recommendations.

+1 on the acupuncture.

I went to a school that had last year students doing it supervised and only had one in my foot that hurt for days, most of them I never felt and felt good the rest of the day - back when my gut was hurting 24/7. I only stopped because it only helped me for 24 hours.

Chiropractors.... sometimes but not all the time but today I walked out in way worse shape than I did when going in....:eek::eek::eek: I hope I can make it till Mondays appt!!!:oops::oops::oops:
Hey, I had some serious and chronic back issues for years when I was younger. Went to all kindsa chiropractors (because I had excellent insurance) and none helped at all.. until I finally went to one that used the Actuator Method. I swear, one treatment (though I went and saw him one more time) f'ing cured me. happy days, man!

Hey, I had some serious and chronic back issues for years when I was younger. Went to all kindsa chiropractors (because I had excellent insurance) and none helped at all.. until I finally went to one that used the Actuator Method. I swear, one treatment (though I went and saw him one more time) f'ing cured me. happy days, man!

My Chiropractor has the electric powered one & it does help but it definitely has not cured my degenerative disc problems. :( I need 4 lower vertebrae, any one have a few extras laying around?
Thanks for the heads up though.:)

Hey, I've got a pristine TENS unit I'll sell you for $60. About 4 yrs old and used for like 3hrs all told. I broke by back a while back and had some healing to do.. PT and stuff, no surgery.
Had it on CL and had a lot of interest but no serious.. so I have nice pics etc. if interested.
anyway

Someone sent this to me, I'm sure as a joke, but I think it makes a good Christmas Letter Head for the democrats I know.:p
America's New Symbol.jpg

Who not to put on the Christmas card list:

Cousin Sharon, who sits at my table on Thanksgiving Day and complains about 'those crazy men who think they need a black rifle that holds, like, THIRTY ROUNDS!'

I was going to the chiropractor all summer 2 times a week for a herniated disc and for the longest time it wasn't doing it for me but finally after 5 months I kinda feel better lol not like I did in my early 20s but hey I'm fatter and 30 so I can only blame....Me. but I wouldn't send them a Christmas card I already help pay for there summer vacation this year.

I call a chiropractor body maintenance...:D

I have gotten a lot of relief for my feet and ankles through acupuncture and it's not unpleasant at all. Rather the opposite!
I've also had some relief with a Chiropractor using electrical treatment, apearantly I have no problem with max power so the treatments worked exceptionally well! :) For Scaitica BTW. I use a a Tens Unit these days and it really gives me relief and manageable pain. Bless that little wonder!
Having more pain issues in my hands, it's freaking me out because it could cost me my firearms use! :(:(:( Oh yeah, the wife gave me two massages with a gal that's very experienced in pain relief, for Christmas. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews