JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am having a lot down time recently at work.

I find myself filling the time by scouring the Google Maps Satellite and Google Earth programs on my computer. Going back and forth between Google and the WDFW site maps.

I am looking for more upland bird spots, myself.

Anyways, anybody else already scouting this early after the season recently closed?

- P

Last Edited:
My dad's getting too old to trample through the brush and for whatever reason none of my friends areinto hunting despite loving guns.

Last time I went was about 2000ish. My favorite is waterfowl.

Would love to find some guys looking to do upland/waterfowl this year.

I used to be all over the Dove when I lived in Selah.

My dad's getting too old to trample through the brush and for whatever reason none of my friends areinto hunting despite loving guns.

I go out to the Wenas Wildlife area ALOT.

I really enjoy it out there, except the main shooting area. I go else where now, out in the Wenas, to target practice.

I already have me two spots that I will be physically scouting once the snow melts away.

There are a ton of Eurasian Collared Doves out here in the Valley, but most of them are in the city or around homes.

- P

I go out to the Wenas Wildlife area ALOT.

I really enjoy it out there, except the main shooting area. I go else where now, out in the Wenas, to target practice.

I already have me two spots that I will be physically scouting once the snow melts away.

There are a ton of Eurasian Collared Doves out here in the Valley, but most of them are in the city or around homes.

- P

We used to Dove hunt on the edge of the orchards up on the hill, with permission, where Tibling Rd and S Wenas Rd meet. Hundreds of Dove would fly over at dusk/dawn. Was a lot of fun!
Sometimes I hate living in the city again...

Google maps: Google Maps

Those Eurasian doves know how to play the game by staying in close to the population centers.
I have some at work that are fed by the brewer next door.
They are BIG !

Being an invasive species, i wonder if they are unprotected like a Starling ?

Where I hunt its public land..lots of folks use this land for many different things...not to forget that logging is still a going concern here where I live...

The terrain changes yearly , trails disappear or are newly made...roads are now unused , trees gone or re-planted...

Whenever I go out there no matter the time of year it is always good to notice the way the land as it is now...and to discover just what the land is telling you , scouting is almost as fulfilling as the hunting itself..at least for me.
Andy

I'm down man! I gotta get my hunting permit, but live in Troutdale just over the river from ya.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top