JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Enough if dual standards. Common Sense Gun Control? Gubment first. Let the Secret Service (SS) go to 10 rounds and no assault weapons as well as the police then we can have a real discussion.

As far as smart technologies. Anything with a program can be hacked. I can see the CIA now. We dindo nuffin.

This is a bad idea on so many levels. Starting with the fact that this technology can, and does, fail. Adding additional levels of complexity to the operation of a gun simply introduces more points of failure and the increased likelihood that you won't be able to use your gun when you need it most.

Politicians and people that lean a certain political direction will be on this kind of idea like stink on a skunk. People that have a brain in their head will know this concept is a failure from the very start and needs to be abandoned here and now.

I would also suggest any gun manufacturer that is open to this being added to their products needs to be immediately boycotted by all gun owners.

What are some logical extensions of this tech? How about them adding GPS tracking so they can see where your guns are located, where you've gone with them? How about adding a round counter so they can see how often and how much you shoot? The potential for failure, coupled with the potential for abuse is just beyond ridiculous. This guy should look at creating an implant that explodes if a politician stays in office more than 2 terms. I'd get behind that idea in a heartbeat ;)

Electronics fail when you most need them.

Mechanical devices fail from wear at a fairly predictable rate...

I'd never get behind smart gun until they perfect smart kitchen knives.....!

image.jpeg

Im pretty sure that the government would work out a way to electronically disable all smart guns just in case the citizens rise up against them. It probably why they are pushing it.

My wife is an in-house massage therapist for one of the local tech giants. She came home yesterday with a story about one of her clients who had an rfid chip implanted in his hand that would automatically unlock his house and disarm the security system when he got near enough.
I can't think of any way that that could go horrifically awry!
(My first question was, "what happens when he moves?")

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Revelation 13:16-17

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top