JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Longwinded post:
I dont think they'll NFA status them. That is too much work and they are too lazy. Perhaps after midterms. Remember, even with cheating they still have seats they can lose if they dont play their cards just right. The heavy handed stuff comes after next year, Im sure of it.

Plus they'd have to target all short barrel centerfire firearms. This includes the Thompson Contender among other non semi auto typical rifle caliber chambered firearms used for hunting and target sports.

I think they'll target the braces, but that'll get tied up in court. Beyond that, they'll have to make a clear outline of what a stock/brace/tube system is. They have to word things very carefully as the market will easily skirt the new definitions and change advertising styles. I think this is why nothing was inacted but rather fenced to the BATF and states.. Instead they are preparing the exact wording as carefully as possible for when they present this again in 30 days.

IMO, The real battle is the 80% stuff. Prepare to see restrictions on all of that.

What I fear more.. there is a certain "trial" that is going on right now.. riots imminent.. there also may be another "event" that happens bolstering their case in the next 30 days. We all already called an "event" taking place the first months biden was in office.. Sure enough that happened, despite some of the naysayers that I see are no longer active on the forum due to their agressive stances. I hope nothibg bad happens, no riots or "events" but sadly I think something nutty may happen solidifying their case.

What we need is older, petite or disabled shooters showing the nation that these braces do help. We also need to prop up the sporting uses where folks arent even shouldering. Bench shooting, cheek bracing..etc.

Think about all of the economic impacts, both domestic and imports. Did the proponents of 'gun control' ever consider how it is going to impact their pocketbooks? The weapons industry is a multi-billion dollar entity and it not just the 'assault' weapon aspect. There are many parts to it. Now consider this, why have NONE of the political factions ever campaigned on 'scammer control' e.g. robo-calls, grandma calls, tele-marketing etc. etc.?
They are idealogues for which self-destruction is a means to an end. Witness how many major corporations have swung to hard left policies that are destructive to their own business and customers. Look at what they have been doing with the pandemic. The companies in industries that have been hurt the most this year are the same companies that are virtue signaling about staying closed, increasing taxes, and boycotting states that are open. If they are willing to chop off their own arms, they probably don't have a second thought about cutting everyone else off at the knees.

Even in the gun industry there has been some "eat-your-own" mentality going on. The Rock River/Springfield fiasco comes to mind. Also, SB Tactical knew months in advance about what was coming down the river from the ATF regarding braces, yet they continued to sell without approval letters.

The last few years have definitely brought out the best and worst in people.

Longwinded post:
I dont think they'll NFA status them. That is too much work and they are too lazy. Perhaps after midterms. Remember, even with cheating they still have seats they can lose if they dont play their cards just right. The heavy handed stuff comes after next year, Im sure of it.

Plus they'd have to target all short barrel centerfire firearms. This includes the Thompson Contender among other non semi auto typical rifle caliber chambered firearms used for hunting and target sports.

I think they'll target the braces, but that'll get tied up in court. Beyond that, they'll have to make a clear outline of what a stock/brace/tube system is. They have to word things very carefully as the market will easily skirt the new definitions and change advertising styles. I think this is why nothing was inacted but rather fenced to the BATF and states.. Instead they are preparing the exact wording as carefully as possible for when they present this again in 30 days.

IMO, The real battle is the 80% stuff. Prepare to see restrictions on all of that.

What I fear more.. there is a certain "trial" that is going on right now.. riots imminent.. there also may be another "event" that happens bolstering their case in the next 30 days. We all already called an "event" taking place the first months biden was in office.. Sure enough that happened, despite some of the naysayers that I see are no longer active on the forum due to their agressive stances. I hope nothibg bad happens, no riots or "events" but sadly I think something nutty may happen solidifying their case.

What we need is older, petite or disabled shooters showing the nation that these braces do help. We also need to prop up the sporting uses where folks arent even shouldering. Bench shooting, cheek bracing..etc.
I think it will be difficult to ban braces because a brace could be used as a buttstock. There is hardly a difference between braces and buttstocks in many cases. It would seem like an easier task to change the brace determination to, all braces are now buttstocks and then they don't have to change anything with the NFA. It would be a simple backtracking on the BATF's previous determinations that braces were OK.

JOHN HINDERAKER:

VICTORIA TAFT:

I think it will be difficult to ban braces because a brace could be used as a buttstock. There is hardly a difference between braces and buttstocks in many cases. It would seem like an easier task to change the brace determination to, all braces are now buttstocks and then they don't have to change anything with the NFA. It would be a simple backtracking on the BATF's previous determinations that braces were OK.
Very true. They could switch it over. But the cool thing is, this is a catch 22.. aesthetics does not define legal outlines and definitions. Measurments, soecific wording, LOP, adjustability or lack thereof all have to now be defined. I do see your point however.. they could just proclaim some are now "stocks".. hiwever the ATF shoots themselves in the foot having to admit they approved these braces as braces. Perhaps this is why they swapped out the BATF head hancho so the other can be used as a scapegoat and to blame for the initial brace approval.. Their typical "political pope shuffle" tactic.

Tubes and cheek braces though arent stocks.. they'll have a hard time fighting and defining that as well as fighting anti discrimination suits from disabled shooters that do use these as arm braces. Which I hope comes hard at this case.

Very true. They could switch it over. But the cool thing is, this is a catch 22.. aesthetics does not define legal outlines and definitions. Measurments, soecific wording, LOP, adjustability or lack thereof all have to now be defined. I do see your point however.. they could just proclaim some are now "stocks".. hiwever the ATF shoots themselves in the foot having to admit they approved these braces as braces. Perhaps this is why they swapped out the BATF head hancho so the other can be used as a scapegoat and to blame for the initial brace approval.. Their typical "political pope shuffle" tactic.

Tubes and cheek braces though arent stocks.. they'll have a hard time fighting and defining that as well as fighting anti discrimination suits from disabled shooters that do use these as arm braces. Which I hope comes hard at this case.
Exactly, new blood = new determinations. They didn't mind shooting themselves in the foot with bump stocks so they probably won't mind doing it again.

All they have to do is come up with a new test, like can this device be shouldered? I can't think of one brace that couldn't be shouldered. The test won't say it has to be comfortable to be shouldered, just that it can be shouldered. This will be the easiest way to solve the problem with braces.

An extreme administration could even argue that the extension tube on an AR can be shouldered and therefore all AR pistols are SBRs. I just shouldered mine and while it would be very uncomfortable it could be done. The rear sight would need to be moved up a few notches to be effective and I would probably walk away with bruises after a range trip, but extreme people do extreme things.

Biden the Uniter Wants To Trample Your 2nd Amendment Rights.

Will Biden Declare a 'Public Health Crisis' to Grab Your Guns?

Exactly, new blood = new determinations. They didn't mind shooting themselves in the foot with bump stocks so they probably won't mind doing it again.

All they have to do is come up with a new test, like can this device be shouldered? I can't think of one brace that couldn't be shouldered. The test won't say it has to be comfortable to be shouldered, just that it can be shouldered. This will be the easiest way to solve the problem with braces.

An extreme administration could even argue that the extension tube on an AR can be shouldered and therefore all AR pistols are SBRs. I just shouldered mine and while it would be very uncomfortable it could be done. The rear sight would need to be moved up a few notches to be effective and I would probably walk away with bruises after a range trip, but extreme people do extreme things.
True. They could rule that unless a tube is needed for function (as with an AR) all other firearms utilizing them are essentially using a stock mounting system and subject to scrutiny. That I believe was a worry a while ago.. could have sworn someone brought that up when braces first hit the market.

Bidens multiple blunders yesterday didn't necessarily 'resonate' well with the MSM according to a news report.

They most likely expected 'more' out of him and got nothing but unclear, confusing and uneducated babbling.

I don't think ALL the dems are 'rolling over' to his BS.

True. They could rule that unless a tube is needed for function (as with an AR) all other firearms utilizing them are essentially using a stock mounting system and subject to scrutiny. That I believe was a worry a while ago.. could have sworn someone brought that up when braces first hit the market.

The validity and usefulness of an arm brace in supporting the firing when used as an arm brace, has nothing to due with whether a buffer tube is integral to the design of the gun or not.

Any discussion on the matter is also really disappointing because the founding fathers made it really clear how "arms" related issues were to be handled, and they were extremely clear, no one 240 years ago significantly misunderstood what that meant.

Bidens multiple blunders yesterday didn't necessarily 'resonate' well with the MSM according to a news report.

They most likely expected 'more' out of him and got nothing but unclear, confusing and uneducated babbling.

If they still vote that way it doesn't matter if they accept it or not, they inherently accept it by voting for it.

I am betting the general public was thinking stabilizing braces what the heck is that. The gun haters were probably disappointed and let down. But it's definitely worth making a big stink about anyways on our end.

I know a lot of nutty permanent drunks that could give a better organized speech than biden. Guy is not there will never be there use a script every time sounds like a lost puppet to me.

The gun haters were probably disappointed and let down. But it's definitely worth making a big stink about anyways on our end.
Maybe not necessarily a 'big stink' but responding with and maintaining rational, 'truthful' information to those who are unsure or completely clueless would help.

Another thing I wish would be improved is the way even 'conservative' news hosts report on the same issues. Many I see and hear are not entirely incorrect but some take the 'long way around the barn' to get to the point or truth of the issue and still leave some 'questions'.

The validity and usefulness of an arm brace in supporting the firing when used as an arm brace, has nothing to due with whether a buffer tube is integral to the design of the gun or not.

Any discussion on the matter is also really disappointing because the founding fathers made it really clear how "arms" related issues were to be handled, and they were extremely clear, no one 240 years ago significantly misunderstood what that meant.
We're just playing devils advocate here, I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion on the matter. We're just trying to see how far this rabbit hole goes and what possibilities may arise from this. But that is a great defense in the sense that an arm brace and a brace tube can be mounted to anything since that's its intended design is to aid in shooting and not just merely for the reciprocation or function of a firearm. Good point there.

All they have to do is come up with a new test, like can this device be shouldered? I can't think of one brace that couldn't be shouldered.
Pretty sure I can shoulder my S&W 327 if I'm willing to wear the correct protective gear. Can def shoulder my MCX without a brace, pointless as that would be

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top