JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What can we learn from history as several have stated:
Screenshot_20210407-125552_DuckDuckGo.jpg

"Biden is also asking the DOJ within 60 days to propose a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; "

It appears that they are wanting to ban braces because they increase the accuracy of the firearm. Maybe they should consider banning sights and optics as well?
I wouldn't put it past them. They are probably also looking at ways to outlaw glasses and contacts, too.

New executive order from Biden requires every American to amputate their fingers and permanently wear a blindfold. Those who choose not to wear a blindfold will have the option of gouging out their own eyes.

After all if you can't see or pull a trigger you can't shoot a gun. And we all know losing appendages is not a second amendment issue...

After seeing that clip from Biden's speech (about gun show purchases) my respect for him went from zero into the negative numbers.

How in the HeII can the POTUS be allowed to say something that is blatantly incorrect and NOT the truth?

Let's not get started on all the other untruths dems spout out but something as politically 'charged' as gun control the POTUS should know the basics!!

Clinton, Bush and Obama served 8 years. Per year, Trump's rate of executive orders was the highest by far. I mean he almost hit Obama's number in half the time. The fact is most Republicans in the Senate didn't like Trump behind closed doors, so nothing got passed.
Most of his were to reverse Obama's course or eliminate bogus restrictive regulations. So the argument is moot.

So I have a question about his executive order banning "assault style weapons:mad:"and high capacity magazines.

What is in his power to do in a executive order ban.
And when we do a bgc when buying a gun does the OSP record the serial numbers and have lists of what exactly people own?

I am not looking forward to this upcoming bs and am worried we are about to lose a lot of our rights when it comes to the second amendment.

So much for shall not be infringed.
In Oregon the rule was/is records are kept for 5 years and then destroyed (right). Brownstain was trying to get that extended indefinitely.

Federal law prevents gun registry at the moment.

In Oregon the rule was/is records are kept for 5 years and then destroyed (right). Brownstain was trying to get that extended indefinitely.

Federal law prevents gun registry at the moment.

I've mentioned this before, but I will say it again; once data is in a computer system, especially a large one, it is pretty much there for as long as that system exists, if for no other reason than the fact that it is standard/best practice to have backups of data/etc.

Beyond backups, there are ETLs and other copies of the data.

Finally, it often is not hard for someone to make unauthorized copies without anyone else knowing the copies exist.

In short, once the gov has that data, they have it as long as the gov exists - somewhere that data will be retained. In fact, even if they wanted to erase it, it would be hard for them to make sure no copies remain.

I've mentioned this before, but I will say it again; once data is in a computer system, especially a large one, it is pretty much there for as long as that system exists, if for no other reason than the fact that it is standard/best practice to have backups of data/etc.

Beyond backups, there are ETLs and other copies of the data.

Finally, it often is not hard for someone to make unauthorized copies without anyone else knowing the copies exist.

In short, once the gov has that data, they have it as long as the gov exists - somewhere that data will be retained. In fact, even if they wanted to erase it, it would be hard for them to make sure no copies remain.
I was not fooling myself into believing that a gun registry doesn't exist - note the "really." Maybe it doesn't exist in name, but the data is out there.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top