JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who decided the rule about 80% frames and receivers?

" ATF has long held that items such as receiver blanks, "castings" or "machined bodies" in which the fire-control cavity area is completely solid and un-machined have not reached the "stage of manufacture" which would result in the classification of a firearm according to the GCA."

It seems to me that the ATF was the one who decided what qualified as a firearm and what didn't as far as the stages of completion on a frame or receiver. I haven't poured through the GCA but does it address the 80% rules in the law?

Last Edited:
That and the exec orders on bump stocks - which were unnecessary politically and non-sensical.

Was there an EO on bump stocks? I think it was a BATF edict, although Trump did support it.

Who decided the rule about 80% frames and receivers?

" ATF has long held that items such as receiver blanks, "castings" or "machined bodies" in which the fire-control cavity area is completely solid and un-machined have not reached the "stage of manufacture" which would result in the classification of a firearm according to the GCA."

It seems to me that the ATF was the one who decided what qualified as a firearm and what didn't as far as the stages of completion on a frame or receiver. I haven't poured through the GCA but does it address the 80% rules in the law?

So, if it's not a firearm, then it isn't protected by the 2A, right?

Think of the chillens!

B1EB6EE1-D1A6-422E-BD46-2F38B6CF7DE0.jpeg

Was there an EO on bump stocks? I think it was a BATF edict, although Trump did support it.

So, if it's not a firearm, then it isn't protected by the 2A, right?

Federal Appeals Court rules Trump's bumpstock ban is unConstitutional

If you read the article, he keeps saying "I'm going to do it, I can do it, I have to do it". He sounds like those parents that keep TELLING their brats that they're GOING to spank them. He also doesn't sound convinced that he actually has the authority to do anything meaningful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top