JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speakin' of Distilled Spirits...

The state of Oregon has booze very heavily leveraged, and available only thru liquor stores, and only available certain hours on certain days.o_O

But there's a very significant twist to this. I'm seeing more and more, "craft" distilleries that are setting up shop at craft exhibits, fairs, etc. They are offering free samples, and then selling their small-batch booze at the same table. Is this the beginning of the end for liquor stores? I hope so. It seems a conflict when the large bonded distilleries are required to sell in an OLCC store, but the small batch guys can sell it anywhere.

WAYNO.
Shnit,half the hillbillies in this county moonshine
My buddy says about $2 a bottle or a as it a gallon
I said no way in hell I want that thing in my garage

Shnit,half the hillbillies in this county moonshine
My buddy says about $2 a bottle or a as it a gallon
I said no way in hell I want that thing in my garage

Aged in the jar shine is a different product. I have an affinity for it also. And it's also a product that I can't always find.

WAYNO.

My friend make a nice bourbon and he'll make some Irish cream also
He does it as trading stock,he says he never was much of a drinker.
I'd be the one in the family always suckin on a jar a hooch ifin I made it:s0032:

He was in the store with his daughter and saw a friend with a cart full of sugar.
He asked the daughter why he had so much sugar
To make some jam?
He laughed and told her he was making hooch like ME,silly

Jack Daniels, Eagle Rare, most any whiskey, Pritchards Rum, Tequila, when I was younger I drank Hennessey straight up and washed my palette with water. Then moved to Rum and Coke (Bacardi Dark, no longer produced) drank that for years until they stopped making Dark. After that Jack and coke, I was mixing Jack Daniels and fireball or sinfire before Jack daniels was making Tennessee Fire (I make it more whiskey less cinnamon).

I guess I should say,since I started a thread a while back on changing from vodka to something else, that I have been drinking Kentucky sour mash.
Jack Daniels if I can afford it:D
7up mostly but tonight Squirt. And my buddy turned me on the Mikes Harder lemonade for a sour.

I no longer do boozification, and when I did drink it was mainly gin (G&Ts, Martinis, etc.), but Knob Creek and Johnnie Walker worked in this department. Forays into truly bottom-shelf whiskey territories are only dimly remembered and not fondly so. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA