JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which would you rather eat?

• Deer

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Pig

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
Reactions
Out of curiosity, which would you rather eat?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShFnCpNMrORLbcZKVKYKjQvTftqOi2Oa3XDv6VZtXjIR8RXUub.jpg article-0-060799940000044D-650_468x286.jpg

Venison

Although pork is awesome on occasion, nothing beats a backstrap. Plus, eating venison that you harvested yourself makes you feel manly, eating bacon makes your heart hurt.

Hard to beat venison! I can smoke it, and make jerky that's even better than bacon!
And then There is the pepperoni!

Wait but Kailua pig from NoHo's tastes so good... Ughh

Last Edited:
PIG! The only venison or elk I've had in my life has been given to me. I don't get it? All that work for tough, flavorless meat? Granted, no one's going to give me back-strap, but heck, the stuff I got was like extra lean round steak. Now PIG, it's all good! Some leaner, some fatter, smoked, stewed, fried, B-B-Q'ed. Sausage, mmm!

Deer and elk are too lean. "Lean may be KEEN, but FAT is where it's at!"

Between the only two choices offered - pig. Mostly because I really don't care for the taste of venison. Elk would be preferable to me for a 'wild' animal.

Out of the two. Pig.

If I had my choice of wild animal it would be alfalfa fed antelope.

Now a day, if I could raise my own venison, venison it would be.
Due to lands getting closed, access fees, hunting license, tags, time, fuel (I can go on and on. You get my point) etc, etc, I'll buy grass fed.
Venison (wild game) is good, and can easily be a main staple, BUT, with all the regulation mentioned, I spend my money elsewhere. Privately.

Choke on that one Dept Of Fish & Wildlife!!

Game meat sits better on my digestive track so I will always go for the leaner meat.

Being half Texan, Brisket is my preferred BBQ but a good set of pork ribs or pulled pork butt or bacon are all very good as well.

Soooooo, my question is why only the two options and they are polar options at that - domesticated pig vs wild deer?

I think the "why" of your question would give you more pertinent feedback, unless your just bored and the question is just what it is.

Deer is just a goat and tastes like it. When I hunted I made sausage out of it, mixed with some pork. Never really developed a taste for it. Use some bacon for cooking, but eat turkey "bacon".

For red meat I pretty much eat elk. My boys whacked two this year and gave me some, and I buy farm raised elk, and Painted Hills black angus beef. I have a severely mechanically compromised digestive tract and the texture and type of meat I eat is critical to how it digests and how I feel.

Cost is not even a consideration. Health is everything.

I like 'em both , but voted for deer.
If you shop smart you don't have to worry to much about "all the chemical goodness" that comes in some of todays food. But with the deer I have no worries about that at all...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads