JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which would you rather eat?

• Deer

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Pig

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
Have you ever rendered some bear fat off a freshly killed bear in the field and fried chunks of bear meat in it? It is amazing depending on the bear.
I've never done it personally, but I've eaten it that way.
From late summer/fall bears it was great. From spring bear, not so much.
But yeah, I get what you're saying.

But I'm a nut for wild game meat. We used to have a 2nd Thanksgiving at our house that was all wild game food, and it was awesome every year.
Bear Ham is some of the best ham I ever ate BTW. But the guy that did the curing is no longer around, and he never shared his secret(s).
Darnit!

my guess is he got his hands all in the scent glands and didnt use latex gloves for skinning that spot (discard or change gloves) and got it all over the meat skinning it. Im skeptical that meat stinks, typically that means its been in contact with whatever stunk... comes from gut shot deer, not gutting it quickly, not skinning it quickly, puncturing the gut/poop chute and urine sac while gutting....

Excuse me, I gotta....RUUUUUUUUUTH.............................

tac

Deer only because usually we have to work harder getting it which always makes it taste better. Also deer are kinda selective as to what they eat. Pigs less so. Pigs never so. Ever see what a pig will eat?

Sometimes it does make a difference in the taste of the meat. But ... speaking wild hogs, we do not have any in SW Oregon as far as I am aware of? Got Texas friends who LOVE to shoot wild hog meat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top