JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're a lefty, the gen 5's ambi slide catch is a huge deal. You won't realize until you shoot it for a while, then try to shoot an older gen.
This is both why I want one and why I don't want one.

I'd recommend a Gen5.
If you do not have any Glocks and you want a G19 I'd also recommend a Gen5. Otherwise, I'd say consider a G43X/G48 and/or G45.

Being a lefty, the ambi slide lock on the Gen5s isnt my favorite but I've gotten used to it. The missing finger grooves make up for it though. :)

Glock G45. Gen 5. I hate the grip angle of the 19. The 45 gives you the frame of the 17 (my favorite) but the slide length of a 19. This model is only offered in Gen 5 so that's why the Gen 5 would be my choice. I also am not a fan of finger grooves.

I really like my Gen 2s. I'd think the Gen 5 would be as comfortable. I rocked a Gen 3 19 for a long time. Only 2 Glocks I have now are a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 17.

Honestly, I don't think any of them are all that bad. Can not really go wrong with any of them.

I have Gen3 and Gen4

For a new G19 I'd go Gen5 without any hesitation.

nDLC finish
flared magwell
Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB)
ambidextrous slide stop levers
removal of finger grooves
bull-nosed slide
improved ejector

Since Gen3 :

Improved mag release button
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring
Improved slide stop spring
Improved RSA

Last Edited:
I have Gen3 and Gen4

For a new G19 I'd go Gen5 without any hesitation.

nDLC finish
flared magwell
Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB)
ambidextrous slide stop levers
removal of finger grooves
bull-nosed slide

Since Gen3 :

Improved mag release button
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring
Improved slide stop spring
Improved RSA
Nailed it.

Weird issue: I dislike the 19, but prefer no finger grooves if I had to have one. I like the 17/34, but I gotta have the finger grooves!
I don't like the 19 either and much prefer the grip of the 17/34. But I'm not a big fan of the grooves. My Gen4 34 has them and I shoot it well so go figure. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top