JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're a lefty, the gen 5's ambi slide catch is a huge deal. You won't realize until you shoot it for a while, then try to shoot an older gen.
This is both why I want one and why I don't want one.

I'd recommend a Gen5.
If you do not have any Glocks and you want a G19 I'd also recommend a Gen5. Otherwise, I'd say consider a G43X/G48 and/or G45.

Being a lefty, the ambi slide lock on the Gen5s isnt my favorite but I've gotten used to it. The missing finger grooves make up for it though. :)

Glock G45. Gen 5. I hate the grip angle of the 19. The 45 gives you the frame of the 17 (my favorite) but the slide length of a 19. This model is only offered in Gen 5 so that's why the Gen 5 would be my choice. I also am not a fan of finger grooves.

I really like my Gen 2s. I'd think the Gen 5 would be as comfortable. I rocked a Gen 3 19 for a long time. Only 2 Glocks I have now are a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 17.

Honestly, I don't think any of them are all that bad. Can not really go wrong with any of them.

I have Gen3 and Gen4

For a new G19 I'd go Gen5 without any hesitation.

nDLC finish
flared magwell
Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB)
ambidextrous slide stop levers
removal of finger grooves
bull-nosed slide
improved ejector

Since Gen3 :

Improved mag release button
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring
Improved slide stop spring
Improved RSA

Last Edited:
I have Gen3 and Gen4

For a new G19 I'd go Gen5 without any hesitation.

nDLC finish
flared magwell
Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB)
ambidextrous slide stop levers
removal of finger grooves
bull-nosed slide

Since Gen3 :

Improved mag release button
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring
Improved slide stop spring
Improved RSA
Nailed it.

Weird issue: I dislike the 19, but prefer no finger grooves if I had to have one. I like the 17/34, but I gotta have the finger grooves!
There's more real estate on the 17/34 grip and the grooves probably fit your hand better.
The 19 grip is a bit small for the large handed.
A large-ish magwell funnel improves the G19 grip for me.

Weird issue: I dislike the 19, but prefer no finger grooves if I had to have one. I like the 17/34, but I gotta have the finger grooves!
I don't like the 19 either and much prefer the grip of the 17/34. But I'm not a big fan of the grooves. My Gen4 34 has them and I shoot it well so go figure. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top