JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I prefer Gen 7. G19.
They replaced the finger grooves. Got rid of the back straps, that nobody uses. Went back to the low snag mag release. Went back to polygonal rifling. It's kinda like a Gen 4. But now it's newer, and cooler.
I like the gen 4's I have a 22 and a 32. Both with Lone Wolf rifled barrels. the 22 has a Dawson front sight and the 32 will soon. For my 3-XL hands the medium back straps work for me and are on both. Right now the 32 in 357 Sig is my carry gun and the 22 in 40 S&W is my truck gun.

The porcelain slide is so 80's tho.
Gen 7 has a sintered ceramic titanium blend, slide, that is undetectable in most 1970's vintage metal detectors.
And they also got rid of the plastic grip frame. So passé. It's got a tungsten infused frame that is guaranteed 60% heavier.

Gen 7 has a sintered ceramic titanium blend, slide, that is undetectable in most 1970's vintage metal detectors.
And they also got rid of the plastic grip frame. So passé. It's got a tungsten infused frame that is guaranteed 60% heavier.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8-7.jpg

Gen 5 G19
Gen 5 G34 MOS

I just went with the latest iteration. I haven't shot either, but am interested if the new rifling profile actually enhances accuracy.
Not in a meaningful way. My 17L, Gen 3 is by far my most accurate Glock and it has no Gen 5 bells or whistles.

I like the Gen 5 Glocks. All of my Glocks are Gen 4 and Gen 5. The Gen 4s are in storage but my Gen 5s are what I am currently using for self defense and EDC. I carried my Glock 19 for the first time in awhile and it was nice. I normally carry a Glock 17 I am trying to get into carrying a Glock 19 or Glock 26. I do have a 43 but I am not really into the single stack Glocks as much as the double stacks. I like carrying a lot more ammo if necessary.

I went out of my way to buy the gen 5 of the g26 for the preferred grip, but then put skateboard grip tape over it, anyway, thereby negating the difference.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top