JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This Centerpoint scope turns out to be a dud. I'm returning it tomorrow. Most likely I will go with a Nikon Prostaff.

What is wrong with the Centerpoint? On a 10/22 you really don't need all the "bells and whistles" when it comes to optics. The Centerpoints SEEM to pack all the "bells and whistles" for 1/10 the price. Too good to be true?

I'm telling you the BSA Sweet 22 is really a good value. Probably cheaper and specially designed for the caliber.

I agree with Phillyfan, I just picked up a new Sweet 22 from SWFA for $39 (half priced clearance sale), hard to beat a value like that. And you really don't need a .243 scope on a .22lr.

What is wrong with the Centerpoint? On a 10/22 you really don't need all the "bells and whistles" when it comes to optics. The Centerpoints SEEM to pack all the "bells and whistles" for 1/10 the price. Too good to be true?

I agree with Phillyfan, I just picked up a new Sweet 22 from SWFA for $39 (half priced clearance sale), hard to beat a value like that. And you really don't need a .243 scope on a .22lr.

Centerpoint scope was shooting way above and every attempt from us to get the elevation adjusted didn't work.

Can you post a link to Sweet 22 scope you just got for yourself. I checked on SWFA and not able to find anything for $39.

Depends what you want.

Bolt action: Savage.

Semi Auto: Marlin 60 or 795. If you want to mod a bunch, get the 10/22. The Marlins are much more accurate out of the box in my experience, cheaper too.

Marlin mdl 60 rocks around $100+- used and did some 1 hole shooting today.
It had a nice little Bushnel 3-9X,which is nice to see those little 22 holes at a distance.

10/22 are great,no doubt.But they are expensive.Mostly after you start buying all the goodies.

I have a MARK II BTVSS and I can do 1" to 3/4" groups at 100 yards with the right ammo.

The thing is a shooting machine. I have done -nothing- to it other than adjust the accu-trigger and mount a scope.

I got at Big-R in Redmond, long story. best 360.00 I have spent.

I have a MARK II BTVSS and I can do 1" to 3/4" groups at 100 yards with the right ammo.

The thing is a shooting machine. I have done -nothing- to it other than adjust the accu-trigger and mount a scope.

I got at Big-R in Redmond, long story. best 360.00 I have spent.

I like everything about that gun 'except' the thumb-hole rear stock.
The fore guard looks awsome. S.S. Barrel, great!
I wish they made that combo in a 'traditional style' stock 22LR rifle.

Have you ever shot an 1911, or a Browning Hi Power 9mm? If you have you experienced the genius of John Brownings design. Browning also designed a SA .22lr
Its a stock fed, bottom action take down... and few .22lrs. ever come close. See if you can rent one at a range. If you want a detachable magazine Look at a CZ 511, or a Thomson Center semi auto... these are all top shelf... You'll find one that just has to go home with you.
A1

My Marlin came with a scope and my Henry lever 22mag I put a Simmons 22MAG 3-9X on it. (I just can't see the 22 holes at much distance)
It was only $40 so it ain't caliber specific,just made for 22s in general.It was $40 at Wholesale sports
<broken link removed>

Unless you are competitive shooting,the 22s aren't going to take the abuse of hunting and the weather,so a high dollar waterproof scope isn't always necessary.
I know if it's raining and windy,the 22s don't get a good day shooting.But it is kinda nice if the turrets work properly huh? :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews