JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a PPQ for cheap with the intent to have it milled for a dot. I plan to use C&H Precision. They have various optic plates for almost any dot I want. I think at this point I'm torn between a Trijicon SRO and a Holosun EPS.

The SRO has a nice big window and I don't plan to carry the gun much the enclosed optic arguments are mute. The downside is I have to get it taller front sight to use the integrated irons on their optic plate, they offer one but it's a green dot tritium which I don't see the point of if the back is just a solid black steel with no tritium. Dawson precision offers all black sights but not at the correct height. So I'd have to modify one.

The EPS, C&H don't make a plate with irons on it but I'd loose my rear iron sight. They said they would make me a custom plate with rear irons but then I'm into the same problem as the SRO plate. However if I choose to use an EPS carry they have integrated irons into the body of the dot. I've sent an email to see how far off that it is from the factory rear sight then maybe I can pick one of the shorter Dawson fronts and just use the integrated rear irons on the EPS carry.

I've seen a lot of argument for not bothering to have irons once you've put it out on it, but if I have to save up for a church or not , but if I have to save up for a church or not , but if I have to save up for a Trijicon SRO I'd like to be able to shoot it without a dot on board.

I bought a PPQ for cheap with the intent to have it milled for a dot. I plan to use C&H Precision. They have various optic plates for almost any dot I want. I think at this point I'm torn between a Trijicon SRO and a Holosun EPS.

The SRO has a nice big window and I don't plan to carry the gun much the enclosed optic arguments are mute. The downside is I have to get it taller front sight to use the integrated irons on their optic plate, they offer one but it's a green dot tritium which I don't see the point of if the back is just a solid black steel with no tritium. Dawson precision offers all black sights but not at the correct height. So I'd have to modify one.

The EPS, C&H don't make a plate with irons on it but I'd loose my rear iron sight. They said they would make me a custom plate with rear irons but then I'm into the same problem as the SRO plate. However if I choose to use an EPS carry they have integrated irons into the body of the dot. I've sent an email to see how far off that it is from the factory rear sight then maybe I can pick one of the shorter Dawson fronts and just use the integrated rear irons on the EPS carry.

I've seen a lot of argument for not bothering to have irons once you've put it out on it, but if I have to save up for a church or not , but if I have to save up for a church or not , but if I have to save up for a Trijicon SRO I'd like to be able to shoot it without a dot on board.
That sure seems like an extremely expensive way to go.

My new p365 x with factory red dot plus 3 mags and an iwb holster total cost is the same as just the trijicon red dot that you are looking at.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top