JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Double Check Wal-Marts return policy.
If you get it and don't like it, can you return it?
I bet ya can!
I have not used this brand scope.
However, the features look good!

Did you get the 10/22 yet? I was going to recommend BiMart (they had them for $169) but I just looked up their ad and the sale ended yesterday. They do have sales like that often though.

About that scope, I've never used a CenterPoint but they seems to pack a lot of features for $69. Too good to be true? My guess is YES. Remember those reviews are on a WalMart page, written by people that bought the scope and may or may not know what the heck they are talking about. I would check out shooting/gun owners forums for further reviews before buying. An excellent resource (I use frequently) is rimfirecentral.com/, as the title implies it's all about rimfires and has a ton of info about 10/22's and Ruger Mark series pistols as well as any other .22s or .17s. Based on reviews there I picked up a BSA Sweet .22 for my Savage Mark II, which is very nice so far. I even ended up getting a great deal on it (also thanks to rimfirecentral) through swfa.com/.

Out of the box, I think the Marlin model 60 is a better gun than the Ruger 10/22, but if you want to do any modifications down the road, as your budget allows, then the 10/22 is the only way to go.

Now if you want to go up a notch I love the Remington Speedmaster 552, Marlin model 39A, Winchester 9422, and the Browning BL-22. Oh they are sooooooo pretty!!

As far as scopes go, BSA makes a "Sweet .22" scope that is awesome. It is adjustable for whatever bullet weight or distance you are shooting and is very good quality.

Love my 10/22 - have had it since I was about 10 (Christmas present from my dad). It's the plain-jane blued with wood stock, but I've killed more non-game animals with it than I can count...and still haven't even put a scope on it.

Bi-Mart has them on sale right now in the latest flyer I saw - something like $170. I think that's not much more than my dad paid 24 years ago for mine! The new ones have an easier mag release than mine (I know - I could upgrade, but just haven't had time).

let us know how you like the 10/22, I have one as well and love it. Mine eats just about any ammo i feed it wether cheap or expensive. also invest in a few bulk ammo packs (those 500 round packs). There are also aftermarket mags that you can buy for the 10/22 ( 20 rounders, 30 rounders, and I think all the way up to fifty). Hope you enjoy your new rifle.

My Savage MKII FVT (now with a 4.5-14X Mueller mil dot target scope) will blow my Ruger 10-22 out of the water at any range. I shoot it with the Target Peeps at 50 ft indoor and with the scope out to 100 yards.

Indoor I make one hole with 5 rounds at 50 yards a dime will cover the group at 100 yards if the wind is kind I can do a clean quarter size group.

Mine has been upgraded with a Boyds tacticool stock ($92) and the action has been epoxy bedded.

And that HUGE target scope with the .800" D barrel makes it look like a sniper rifle if your into that stuff.

The Ruger 10/22 is the "little black dress" of the .22 rifle world: everybody needs one. I see them for $169 on sale at Bi-Mart sometimes.

Scoping a .22 isn't that demanding - you don't have to spend a ton to get a reliable platform.

You can have a load of fun with the high-capacity aftermarket magazines made by Butler Creek, but make sure you get the ones with the steel lips; steer clear of the plastic-lips versions.

Might look also to the "old"(back to the 1930's) tube fed bolt action Remingtons.Back when Remington made a high quality firearm. Excellent ones for $140;;; great shooters for something over $50. Iron sights/accurate. .02$
Edit; Model 341 SportsMaster

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top