JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got about $650 and want a 1911. Should I just get a Springfield milspec or is RIA a real option? And is there any other budget friendly 1911s I should look at. Thanks
I got about $650 and want a 1911. Should I just get a Springfield milspec or is RIA a real option? And is there any other budget friendly 1911s I should look at. Thanks
Ruger sr1911

Here you go Bob. An old war horse , a friends.

View attachment 456648
View attachment 456649
I want one of those... I also see that has the "idiot" scratch tpo. ;) Like I said before, even the military doesn't call it that! I just think as civilians we're able to take better care of our stuff so we develop a standard with appearance. Its why companies that build rifles for a military (or militaries) prefer military contracts over the civilian market, the militaries often have little to no care about how the gun looks as long as its accurate enough and functions.

Its why factories that make AKs in Romania and Bulgaria prioritize military contracts, they make more money off of em and there's little to no care about the looks like we do in the states. Same for Colt too, big money and less standards.

I want one of those... I also see that has the "idiot" scratch tpo. ;) Like I said before, even the military doesn't call it that! I just think as civilians we're able to take better care of our stuff so we develop a standard with appearance. Its why companies that build rifles for a military (or militaries) prefer military contracts over the civilian market, the militaries often have little to no care about how the gun looks as long as its accurate enough and functions.

Its why factories that make AKs in Romania and Bulgaria prioritize military contracts, they make more money off of em and there's little to no care about the looks like we do in the states. Same for Colt too, big money and less standards.

I think your right about as civilians we take better care of our firearms. It's not like the government handed me mine. Plus thier 18 year olds for the most part. A lot of sweat and hard work for me, so no need to beat em up. That's what my plastic pistols are for lately anyways, or my p938 goes everywhere stuffed under seats, in pockets, holsters and still looks good. My cheaper AR goes in the back of the Jeep like a military gun. Little care if it gets scuffed. But for the most part I try to take care of my things.

I do like the look of honest wear and kinda wish I never re-blued my dad's Ruger mk1. But it sure helps with surface rust and corrosion.

I think your right about as civilians we take better care of our firearms. It's not like the government handed me mine. Plus thier 18 year olds for the most part. A lot of sweat and hard work for me, so no need to beat em up. That's what my plastic pistols are for lately anyways, or my p938 goes everywhere stuffed under seats, in pockets, holsters and still looks good. My cheaper AR goes in the back of the Jeep like a military gun. Little care if it gets scuffed. But for the most part I try to take care of my things.

I do like the look of honest wear and kinda wish I never re-blued my dad's Ruger mk1. But it sure helps with surface rust and corrosion.
The Colt honestly did not cost me much. Compared to my other guns that did cost around the same if not more and do have dings and scratches, a minor scratch from my friends disassembling it isn't going to bother me anywhere near as much. That scratch is a bit different from me just tossing it on the ground then tying it up to the truck and dragging it across gravel. Hell, you can easily avoid the safety scratch on AKs by lifting the safety lever and moving it down, just pointless. I just go the easier route on stuff I intend to use, whether it be self defense or hunting.

For safe queens, such as the next Colt I'm gonna get (will also make it look more like the 1911A1, but with a stainless finish if I can instead), I'll put the effort to avoid it.

LOL
My carpenters say this to me from time to time.
"Uh, sorry boss, it's just a thing that happens."

o_O
That's different. One is a finish thing, whereas what a carpenter does can F up a house big time a few years later.

Don't know what a "meme" is. What I do know is I bought the Glock 21 "just cuz" it was for sale, I liked it, the price was right and I had the money in my pocket.
Guess its gonna be one then. :rolleyes:

IMG_3380.PNG

Yep agreed. Go with a Ruger SR1911 or their Light Weight Commander. Lotta firearm for the money and you don't need to retrofit them out of the box. Barring that look at our own for sale section. Many good deals can be had there from our own members.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top