JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
62266.jpg
These are 599 right now at nwarmory..

I got about $650 and want a 1911. Should I just get a Springfield milspec or is RIA a real option? And is there any other budget friendly 1911s I should look at. Thanks

I own both a Springfield and an RIA 1911. I've fired thousands of rounds through both and haven't had any function, accuracy or reliability issues with either of them. The Springfield has better fit and finish, but if I were on a budget I'd probably go with the RIA and invest the remainder in ammunition or accessories. Just my .02...

Too bad the name "Kimber" doesn't mean what it used to.

I had one of their spiffy .22 rifles that came in a wooden crate, branded - 'Made in Oregon'. It was THE most beautifully-made .22 sporting rifle I ever owned right up until I got my 1937 Mauser ES350B. Then the company moved out of Oregon, and all of a sudden it lost a whole lot of its 'mana' for me. I sold it for almost three times what I paid for it, and moved on.

Sure, their 1911-like pistols are VERY beautiful to behold, and have all manner of wondrous modifications to improve their 'handleability'. For me, though, the original slab-sider does the biz, bearing in mind that my history with the basic Model 1911, not even an A1, goes back to 1952, when I first shot my dad's illegal USN-issue pistol at the waves coming onto the beach.

I hit every one of them I shot at, too, and that was it for me.

I'd buy an original, like the one I get to shoot every time I'm over in Oregon, in a heartbeat, rattles and all. The one I get to shoot is an original US Army-issue pistol, and I can chew the centre out of a standard 25 yard NRA pistol target all the live-long day - with either hand.

tac

upload_2018-5-3_17-25-54.png

Last Edited:
Awesome gun STRAIGHT shooter but is what they call a BBQ GUN kinda big heavy to carry Conciled more of a open carry gun

Please let me know what a BBQ gun is? I like guns and BBQ, I may need to get one!

...Look at Fusion Firearms Freedom series, forged frames and slides with all the good parts and made in America by the guy who used to run Dan Wesson.

Not to get to off topic as they are outside the $650 range, but I've been drooling over Fusion 1911's for years.

Please let me know what a BBQ gun is? I like guns and BBQ, I may need to get one!

Not to get to off topic as they are outside the $650 range, but I've been drooling over Fusion 1911's for years.
I heard someone say that before .
They said in Texas when someone has a big party or BBQ guys and girls have a fancy gun to where when they are dressed up lol usually a gun with a fancy grip and you open carry so everyone can see it

I have had 5 Kimbers, and only 1 that had any issues, and those were remedied with a new barrel, and it is still a nice shooter! My only comlaint is the steels they use seem to rust very quickly, the only "Fix" is to media blast them and Ceracoat them! My Compact Carry II did this just from daily carry in the holster picking up body sweat and rusting it before I got it home to rub it down with a silicon rag and put it away in the bed side safe!

I went to sportsmans and they have the Remington R1 for 499 so I went with thatView attachment 456550
Remington certainly has the ability to build a great gun.......and I hope they did with there line of 1911's. They sure closed them out cheep but that may have more to do with there financial situation than any downgrade in quality. I have always liked my Remington products but it seems that they are a target today of people that prefer cheep guns (a long list there) to me, they have always built quality products accessible to every shooter.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top