JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got about $650 and want a 1911. Should I just get a Springfield milspec or is RIA a real option? And is there any other budget friendly 1911s I should look at. Thanks

Do you want any of the "extra's"? If you even think you might get the pistol that already has them. The cost of buying them factory is pennies on the dollar compared to having them done after. Springfield, Remington, Ruger, Taurus, RIA, and more I am missing will all fit in the budget you set.

Out of those two I would pick the RIA. Very very accurate pistols right out of the box. Only thing it really needs is a trigger job.

For just a little more money a Ruger 1911 is within reach. One of the Best Buy's on the market right now.

The Springfield mil spec is "ok" but I would do a trigger job and replace all the springs.:)

I bought a RIA back in the first quarter of 2007. It has been rock solid over a decade and, considering I paid very little for it, it has been a good investment. I don't know what they go for nowadays though.

ria.jpg

And unless it's an old Kimber, you paid more for less gun. Sorry EPS but it's true.
Well it wasn't used that much but it was stock wood grips and your PROBABLY right I paid the extra money for the name .
But it's a nice gun I can hit $#!+ With it LOL

Well it wasn't used that much but it was stock wood grips and your PROBABLY right I paid the extra money for the name .
But it's a nice gun I can hit $#!+ With it LOL

Too bad the name "Kimber" doesn't mean what it used to.

I looked around before I bought it lol Basically I had 1000 Buck's to spend I could have gotten a brand new gun .
But I found this one I paid 800 for it with 4 mag's mmmm maybe not the greatest deal but it is what it

I looked around before I bought it lol Basically I had 1000 Buck's to spend I could have gotten a brand new gun .
But I found this one I paid 800 for it with 4 mag's mmmm maybe not the greatest deal but it is what it

It happens, brother. It happens.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top