JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a large container of Whey Protein Powder that has a March 2022 expiration date but has been open for over a year. How long will whey protein powder typically last once the seal is broken?

Edit: I just mixed up a spoon full in some water and it still taste as nasty as when I first opened it so it should be good to go.

Last Edited:
Gosh I've had some of that sitting in the cupboard for probably 3 years, use it occasionally when I want to add some more calories milk if I am on the run. Have't noticed it to be an issue yet.

Edit: I just mixed up a spoon full in some water and it still taste as nasty
I find they all taste nasty when mixed with water...milk drinker here. With three of us in the house that use protein powder it doesn't expire, even when purchasing a few Costco size bags when they go on sale. We keep some milk powder around in case we would like better flavor when the zombies show up though. :D

It definitely gets worse when it sits. A brand new jug is delicious, a month old stale jug is drinkable but not desirable. You just need the right brand and flavor along with mixing base at your preferred temperature. I find straight water base tastes much better warm and mixes better.

I have a Costco-sized bag of whey powder that expired about 3 years ago. I've been using it for the last few months, mixed with milk ( about 4 scoops/week) and it tastes no different than the new stuff. No ill effects at all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top